Smooth Menthol - LorAnn Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dracconus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2012
www.facebook.com
After tinkering with my peppermint, and spearmint flavors, I found a good percentage at which to begin working with for real percentages.
I cranked the peppermint down 50% in a PG/VG mix, and the Spearmint down to 25% in a 50/50 PG/VG mix.

The result came into flavors that FINALLY blended into ejuice well enough to actually smoke, since the natural oils are APPARENTLY NOT diluted in PG out of the bottle...they're PURE NATURAL OIL.

That being said, here's my "base recipe" for a Smooth Menthol utilizing LorAnn Natural Oils.

-----------------------------

Preparation Steps:

Dilute Natural Peppermint Oil by adding 15ml of Peppermint Oil to 15ml PG, or a PG/VG Mix (7.5ml pg/7.5ml vg) (I used a 50/50 ratio, since that's how I mix my final result)

Dilute the Natural Spearmint Oil by adding 7.5ml of Spearmint Oil to 22.5ml PG, or a PG/VG Mix ( 11.25ml PG / 11.25ml VG).

Shake well, and let them sit overnight.

These will not mix entirely, and a good portion of the natural oils will sit at the top, so make sure that you shake them well DIRECTLY before adding them to your mix.

For the Menthol I made a 50/25/25 mixture of Crushed Menthol Crystals, PG, and VG (in that order.) Then I heated them in an Amber glass jar submerged in a container that had boiled water within it. *NOTE* the water was NOT boiling when I put them in, and I didn't keep the water boiling. I just needed it hot enough to allow the mixture to meld together well enough.
I then let the mixture sit in the water until it reached room temperature, at which point I removed it fromt he water, and shook vigorously for 1 minute. After that I moved the contents into a plastic 30ml bottle, and squeezed the bottle until the fluid reached the top of the bottle, and capped it (locking out as much air as possible.)
At this point I let it sit for two days.

Vanilla: I put 1/4tsp vanillin crystals into a 50/50 mix of pg/vg (15ml total)

-----------------------------

Mixing Directions:

2% of the 50% Diluted Peppermint
5% Menthol
4% Ethyl Maltol
1% of the 25% Diluted Spearmint
2% Vanilla
I used 50/50 PG/VG for this mixture, but that's solely up to you

This will result in a smooth, yet rather peppermint-y flavor to come out within the first 16 hours of dark cabinet steeping within an amber glass jar after two heating sessions using the above boiled water method used on the menthol crystals.

I hope you enjoy it if you try it, and welcome ways to "improve" on the flavor, as I'm not HUGE on peppermint, even though this one's subtle enough that it's really of no huge bother for me as it's a first time DIY success.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread