Belgian Waffles with Cream and Golden Syrup

MB Classic Belgian Waffle 2%
SSA Soft Waffle 2%
SSA Waffle with Butter 1.5%
WF Vanilla Cream Extra 1.5%
INW Shisha Vanilla 1%
FLV Cream 1%
FA Golden Syrup 1%

Suggested steep time: 4 weeks. Creams and bakery flavors dictate that. The mix needs time for the flavors to become miscible. Naturally, YMMV. It's good off the shake but given time it blossoms.

This mix takes my previously posted Belgian waffle recipe to a new level. The previous one is a good Belgian waffle mix as a base to build upon. It's also a totally different tasting waffle profile. Many of my notes and tips from that recipe are applicable to this new one.

I've been working on creating a decent tasting waffle profile since this last July. Waffle is not easy. Why? On their own each of the waffle flavors was lacking something the other had and did well. Each on it's own offered a rather light tasting waffle flavor that was very easily overtaken by other flavors.

So began my quest to combine them for a tasty and convincing waffle that would hold its own with other flavors. Many combinations were tried and tested. Getting the percentages just right took time.

With this recipe you will get waffle up front, a very mild tasting butter, creaminess in the middle-to-back and a very light tasting, but soooo pleasing, golden syrup on the backside.

MB CBW, SSA SW and SSA WwB combined taste much like a high-end restaurant quality waffle. Easily.

I wanted a silky smooth cream topping that would not detract from the waffle flavor. WF VCE, INW SV and FLV Cream combined delivered that requirement nicely.

FA Golden Syrup is one of Flavour Art's newly released flavors. And ---WOW--- FA did an awesome job with their golden syrup!!!

FA Golden Syrup is not at all sweet like FA Maple Syrup. FA GS, at 1%, has a level of sweetness that I would call a light kind of sweet. It's very pleasing at 1% and not in your face. In this mix the GS isn't experienced until the exhale (backside). As a flavor I would rate FA GS above VTA Golden Syrup. Both are excellent tasting syrups.

What is proper Golden Syrup?
-3.jpg

A true golden syrup is unlike any American made syrup. A golden syrup is a thick smooth golden-colored syrup made from cane sugar that has a unique buttery scent and a light caramel flavor. It’s less sweet than, say, corn syrup. It's also called light treacle. Golden syrup ingredients are a simple combination of sugar, water, and a slice of lemon.

Golden Syrup is popular in the UK and elsewhere in the world. Tate and Lyle’s Golden Syrup is the best tasting GS that I know of (Amazon, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, Wegmanns).

At 1% I do not detect butter or caramel in FA GS. Perhaps SFT'ed or used at higher percentages those notes might reveal themselves. I would use FA GS where I am looking for a more neutral tasting syrup versus a maple syrup - with ummm, it's maple taste.

Okay then...

As is, it's a good and tasty vape. A fruit or two could easily be added to this recipe without mucking things up. Although that depends on the fruit(s) and percentages used. I would recommend going with a lighter touch percentage-wise. I've made this with pineapple/mango, then oranges and finally strawberries.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread