SNUS homemade liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyhrn

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
TX
I soaked 'Malboro Red" SNUS in PG/VG for couple days and got this (see pic).
The liquid doesn't taste/smell like tobacco or even snus. It has "sweet and sour" (berries) taste. I tried this as a liquid and nor too much a nicotine either. I used 3 bags of SNUS and 50/50 PG/VG. May be I need to add some alcohol to extract tobacco taste and nicotine out of SNUS?
But it will works like a flavor add-on to clear nicotine or some e-juice.

Attachments

• IMG_20110521_164755.jpg
    IMG_20110521_164755.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 56

Flaklaflubillibu

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Illinois
I just tried this with mellow Camel Snus a few days ago. I had the 1 snus packet sit in about 20 ml PG for 2 days (heated in the beggining; mixed occassionally during 2 days).

The problem I found was that when held up to a light there was particulate in suspension, even after a long period of gravity sedimentation (although the largest particles did settle). I did not filter with a coffee filter or similar as I figured those small particles would pass through such a household filter anyway.

Nevertheless, I had to try it, so I cut it to 50% with VG. I wouldn't dare pull that through any of my 510 or ego tank atties as I anticipated those particles would embed in the wick and clog it pretty bad, so I chose to test it by dripping on a 510 atty. The taste was amazing, as close to a real cigarette as I figure ever possible through vaping (haven't tried any tobacco flavored liquids, so there very well may be better out there). I redripped several times, taking about a dozen or more tokes. Incredible stuff and I thought this is it, no more flavors for me. It is so damn good and so damn cheap to produce. However, I began to detect a burnt taste even though the atty was more than adequately soaked.

Knowing that there was particulate in the suspension, I decided that I didn't want to potentially damage my atty any further... there is sugar and other additives that might cake on the atty and ruin its performance, so I decided to quit there and clean it right away. Unfortunately and as expected, my usual routine of hot water, alcohol, prime, vape did not bring it back to 100% as it always did in the past. Today I went one step further with baking soda/vinegar several times, hot water rinse, then dry burning it. I noticed it now takes longer for the coil to reach orange than it did in the past when I did dry burn it a few times. The atty still works, but it is no where near where it was in terms of vapor production, and that was with only the short time I tested the snus juice, and with more than adequate cleaning afterwards.

Others have also pointed out that this has killed their atties completely after a day or two of use. Here I show an evident decrease in performance with just a short test of the stuff. So be aware of this. I was thinking perhaps a purer snus would help, and filtering out the particulate would help further, but the fact is sugars and other plant break-down products will be released, which cannot be filtered even with a non-household filter, and these molecules will be bad for your atty.

My suggestion is to give it a go since it is nice, but do so with an atty you wouldn't mind losing.

Andyhrn

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
TX
I'm doing this with cartomizers. I don't see any particles (bags holding well) and juice is clear. It's been 3 days already since I started to soak this butch. I mixed some e-juice and snus liquid yesterday and tried today. WOW!!!! I do have a real cigarette taste in my mouth (and it stays). The vapor is lightly "greyish" and resemble the cigarette smoke very close.
Today I added a little bit of alcohol. Will see what would happened. View attachment 39704

Attachments

• IMG_20110522_110102.jpg
    IMG_20110522_110102.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread