snus suggestions please

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingersnaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
everywhere
I would like some input on snus to try. been vaping a while but still smoked a bit so thought I would add snus to my arsenal which has been working but I am finding that I will be going through some of the same trial and error as when I started vaping for brands and flavors.

so far what I have had

marlboro: good flavor but sickening sweet
camel: better but still to sweet to have regularaly
general: reg and mint. I love the flavor. was a bit salty the first couple days but it has become sweeter and has a good tobacco taste.
thunder: I ordered 5pk mystery from northerner and got a few thunders. these seem way to potent and bitter I can't even tell wintergreen is wintergreen and very peppery. the frost is also barely tastable. I would not say bad but I don't think I want it all the time. I did like the coola best which I am suprised about bc I don't care for cola flavored things but it seemed to hide the bitter best and wasn't very heavy on the flavor but I could tell it was there.

all in all so far general is my fave but I want to expand and find out what else it out there that I may like. any suggestions would be great.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    It kind of sounds like you are into the flavored type snus. The new thunder coffee supreme and chocomint are ones that I tried recently that I like. They are 12mg so they are a little stronger than the general at 8mg. The general mint is one of my favorites. Did you get any thunder berry in the sample pack? It's kind of strong at 16mg but I like the berry a lot and it is my go to for the first snus of the day. Another one that comes to mind is skruf tranbar(cranberry). I would go and window shop on snuscentral and maybe then come back and ask the people here for the opinions on them. I haven't tried them all but have tried a lot of different ones. Collectively the regular group here can probably give an opinion on most snus brands.

firechick

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 24, 2009
    Upstate New York
    Hi gingersnaps! It sounds like you should be looking at 4-8mg snus. Thunder minis are 8, and most regular portions are 8 unless they are called stark or sterk. Most minis are 4mg. There are flavors for every palette, and the best way to find what you like is the way you found your favorite e-liquid. Try a bunch. Offroad mini mints (used to be called Fellinni mini mints) have a slight cocoa undertone that I like a lot. Start here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/smokeless-tobacco/80061-beginners-guide-snus.html

Guttermouth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Tn
    www.guttermouthelectronics.com
    general mini mint
    offroad mini mint
    offroad frosted
    thunder frosted
    roda lackett
    I've yet to meet someone new to snus who didn't like at least one of those.

For plain tobacco i like ettan or general original and for wintergreen and mint i like jakobbssons wintergreen and offroad frosted respectively.Being new to something that is unpopular here is tough sometimes - just order/buy in small quantities at first and give what you don't like to smoker friends.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread