Status
Not open for further replies.

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hi all, Just recieved my new GP Dual Coil carto and tank kit today. Thanks Rob for the super quick shipping, as usual. So I open my package and see there is a little ring in the bag with my kit. I would think that it belongs in the upper part of the carto on the filler material under the drip tip. But being that I have never used a tank, let alone this one, I would like to know if I am thinking correctly or am I missing something otherwise obvious. After reading other threads on carto tanks no one mentions this ring and I believe it to be kind of a slosh protector of some sorts. Im currently filling the carto and will fill the tank shortly after if you have any experience with this kit please feel free to chime in. Thank You.

Last edited:

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
No its more the size of a mouthpiece, but small enough to fit inside the carto. The only place it looks like it belongs is inside the carto on top of the filler material. Its in there now. Im not sure thats where it goes or if it has to be there..lol but this thing freakin ROCKS! Tons of vapor and good full flavor. Thanks Again.

dirt2suck

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Ephrata PA USA
It is for exactly what you thought.
It is a leak protector, but really not necessary.

Some may find it helpful with leak preventing, while most will
want to top off cartos by removing the drip tip and adding a few drops...with it will be a pita.

I have never used the silicone, but then again there may be some personal habits that may require it.

Thanks!

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
Thanks for the clarification. I have it in there and I will say this is a very very nice tank. I'm glad I picked up the three ohm single coil cartos for this tank. I'm Vaping my face of at 5.2 volts....absolutely fabulous. No signs of drying in the carto. Not as slippy as other tanks I have seen. I can actually hold my mod by the tank without it pulling the carto through the tank. Bravo.

dirt2suck

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Ephrata PA USA
Just remember about slippy!

Whenever it is time to switch cartos, it will be time for a full, thorough cleaning of the tank.
Then, the o-rings of the end caps will be clean and dried.
This will prevent slippy.

If the o-rings OR the sides of the carto that come into contact with the o-rings get wet with liquid...
that is what will cause slippy.

Food for Thought.

Glad you are enjoying,
The Dual coils were repeatedly requested for so long, I have only decided to
actually stock them, because of the single coils being available as an option!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread