The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

So I shrink my Vamo ...

Discussion in 'Cosmetic Mods' started by Tourlounette, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Koman

Koman Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2010
    lv
    Looks very nice, I really like it!

2. 313M3NT90

313M3NT90 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 7, 2013
    Port Hueneme
    I live in the US, California to be precise, where can I get the parts and tools to do this? If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated

3. asdaq

asdaq Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

XfooYen had the parts made by a machinist close to you for $90. This would easily offset the price of a HF drill press, Forstner bits, materials etc. I bet you could go to the same machinist and just have him make another, or if you want to make more stuff, then get the tools. :)

4. XfooYen

XfooYen Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 11, 2012
    SoCal
    The schematics are in this thread. I just printed them and brought them to a local machinist. He made the parts for me. You can make them yourself from the schematics if you like. Many have (as well as the designer of this, Tourlounette). The diagram is all in metric. In the US, you will need 1/4" aluminum plate (bottom plate), 1/8" aluminum plate (top plate), an 8 piece set of Ryobi fostner bits, a drill press with a laser, metal files of varying sizes, a digital caliper, and a lot of patience.

5. rjeatkrconley

rjeatkrconley Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 19, 2012
    Hell Paso, Texas
    My father-in-law, owns a machine shop with a cnc machine. He said it would cost about $600 to make the first one. Programming the cnc machine is EXPENSIVE!!!!! however, the cost drops dramatically after the programming is done and the prototype is approved. He said that if i ordered about 100 of these, the price per unit would be about $35. Thoughts everyone.........
    I also need to add that I am not offering a coop, just wondering if the price would be worth it and could they be sold.

6. Darthpistachio

Darthpistachio Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    United Kingdom
    At that price I would be in...

7. asdaq

asdaq Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I think for that price it is quite good. Combined with the $40-50 price of the Vamo itself it is reasonable. Worth pursuing.

8. davelog

davelog Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 4, 2011
    Phoenix
    I would certainly buy one in the < $50 range. I'd also be willing to pay extra for the 510 connection's hole to be expanded so you could use clearomizers without an adapter.

9. rjeatkrconley

rjeatkrconley Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 19, 2012
    Hell Paso, Texas
    I was wondering how much the hole above the 510 connection could be expanded to allow the ego threading to be used. My ViVi's screw all the way down on my Vamo. I just know that my ViVis would sit flush and not have any airflow. Might have to drill some air holes it the outer ring on the Vamo. I was also wondering if the Vamos could be sold modified and what a good price would be? Selling them for $100 would not bring much profit, unless I got all the parts wholesale. Hmm....

10. Disconnect

Disconnect Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2013
    Washington DC
    I'd definitely be in at that cost.

11. StereoDreamer

StereoDreamer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 13, 2012
    Columbia MD
    Tourlounette,

I want to congratulate you on this excellent design for modding the VAMO. It is elegant, beautiful and practical. Well done!

And the fact that you did it with simple tools is even more amazing!

I don't own a VAMO, but I'm thinking that this is a perfect excuse to get one. A "gunmetal" VAMO with this mod done in brass would look REALLY cool, I think. I may be contacting my local machine shop to get quote for these parts in brass next week...

Thanks for starting this thread, and creating this VERY cool mod. Vapers are such innovative, creative, and resourceful people!

12. StereoDreamer

Oct 13, 2012
    Columbia MD
    At that price, I'd be in for 2 or 3, ESPECIALLY if I could get them in brass or polished aluminum.

And if I could get them in "engine turned" finish in brass, I'd be ALL over that...

13. davelog

davelog Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 4, 2011
    Phoenix
    Somebody should come pick up all this money that's lying around here waiting to be made!

14. StereoDreamer

Oct 13, 2012
    Columbia MD
  15. CountSmackula

CountSmackula Genisis Junkie Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2012
    Tabasco LAnd
    I've been thinking about trying this mod with my incoming CVI. I'll buy a spare "eGo-T Mod" battery tube that I can cut up... and BOOM goes the dynamite! :D

16. DDD

DDD Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2011
    NYC
    I'd be in.

17. pmar4015

pmar4015 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 22, 2012
    Long Island, NY
  18. pmar4015

pmar4015 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 22, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Also, does anyone think this might work with a Provari mini? Or would that be a completely different ballgame?

19. Altered Image

Altered Image Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 20, 2011
    Hawaiian Islands
    I would definitely be in for a few of these I have a few friends that I turned into vapers and they have vamos too. I showed them the pics of it modded and they keep asking about this thread.

Sent from my IPhone using my fingers

20. BostonVape

BostonVape Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 25, 2013
    BeanTown
    LOVE LOVE LOVE this thread!

Put me down for 2 if you end up ordering them!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.