So, is the M40x series dead, or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elwin

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Missouri, USA
It sure seems so, looking at this sub forum.
And that's a shame.
It seems like a pity that mini's have fallen out of favor. I always loved the feel of a cigarette sized e-cig. (I like and currently use the 510, but no one makes a really good PCC for them.)

I may have to invest in a 401 again, find at least a couple of folks that feel the same, and get this sub-forum active again...

:)

trukinlady

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Missouri, USA
Intellicig's EVO is an M40 series model, correct? I've been looking for info from anyone who has tried it. I'm interested in it's performance. I use an eGo battery, and I would need to buy an adapter to fit their atties/carts onto it. I would gladly buy adapters since Intellicig has recently started selling pre-filled carts of their EcoPure Rich--my favorite flavor. But I don't want to buy an entire kit. I want to use what I already have. If this configuration works out, I'm looking forward to the convenience of pre-filled carts!

Any info would be greatly appreciated! :)

Elwin

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Missouri, USA
Intellicig's EVO is an M40 series model, correct? I've been looking for info from anyone who has tried it. I'm interested in it's performance. I use an eGo battery, and I would need to buy an adapter to fit their atties/carts onto it. I would gladly buy adapters since Intellicig has recently started selling pre-filled carts of their EcoPure Rich--my favorite flavor. But I don't want to buy an entire kit. I want to use what I already have. If this configuration works out, I'm looking forward to the convenience of pre-filled carts!

Any info would be greatly appreciated! :)

Yes
If you just wanted to use the Intellicig carts, you could buy a 510 to 401 adapter. But then you'd also have to buy 401 atty's to use them.
So you'd have 4 dollars for an adapter, and about 7 dollars for a 401 atty. Plus the price of the prefilled carts.
And 401 carts are fairly small and wouldn't last as long as a 510 cart.
So are you really saving any money?

I also love Rich. But I just buy Rich from CigNot and fill 510 carts and cartos with it. That's still much cheaper than buying just the carts.

So really in that case, you have a choice: the convenience of pre-filled carts, or the cheaper cost buying the liquid and doing it yourself.

But the real reason that I would want to buy a 401 is that they have also have a very well designed PCC. It holds 2 batteries, an atomizer and 3 carts.
Oh, and while the Intellicig IMCC sells for 39.99, you can buy virtually the same PCC from LiteCigUSA for 21.95. And while Intellicig 2 battery kits run for 49.99, a generic 401 kit of the same type runs for 34.95.

I'm not bashing Intellicig by the way.
Again, I love their ECOpure Rich, and their Menthol as well.
They really have become my 2 main vapes, and I'm willing to pay more for their e-liquids.
But the equipment is really just re-branded 40x stuff.

So to make a long story even longer, in your case, if you just want ECOpure Rich, just DIY and save.

In my case, I'm looking for a system that I can pop into my front pocket that is about as easy to take with me as a pack of smokes that won't cost me an arm and a leg.
The 510 PCC doesn't do it, because I'm looking for a PCC that holds 2 batteries.
(Neither does the Bloog, and it costs almost twice as much.)

Sorry. I didn't mean to go off on a long rant when all I really intended to do is just reply to your post...
My darn stream of consciousness tends to break out of it's banks and flood all over the place...

:laugh:

trukinlady

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Missouri, USA
Elwin,
Thank you for the info! :) I'm ready to change from filling my own cartos to the prefilled, but I've yet to find a flavor I like as much as EcoPure Rich. If only I could find pre-filled EcoPure Rich 510 cartos!! lol! That would be perfect! If the 401 carts are a lot smaller than the 510 cartos, then I won't be saving much money anyway. Thanks again! :)

Critter Man

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2010
Minnesota
Although it's been a little while, I don't see this as a dead thread, so I'll throw my thoughts out here.

There are a lot of things about the 40x series that is appealing to noobs like myself (gonna be a bit before my 401 starter kit gets here from China). IMO it has the best PCC, and the small size makes more sense to the smoker. The lighter throat hit that many seem to describe (very subjective, I know) also appeals to folks who tried a PV and were shocked by the coughing fit that followed (again, that was my experience). I think the main reason that this series is not discussed very often is that there is nothing new to say. There have been XL carts and cartos introduced, but there is little to say about those specifically regarding 40x. There aren't really any mods being made for the series, so it's old news.

The 510, on the other hand, is the belle of the ball. A huge variety of mods and parts are readily available from most suppliers, while 40x vapers find replacement parts to be out of stock at site after site. 510 is the Barbie Doll of the vaping world. It's easier to make it your own. Because the 510 is filling that role, no one feels the need to develop the 40x series.

It's likely that I'll eventually join the masses who started on the 401 and moved on to the 510, but you're always fond of your first. I've seen a fair number of posts from people who have made the change but find themselves reaching for the 401 surprisingly often.

Still, low publicity won't stop the 401 from helping me go from :smokie: to :vapor:

Critter Man

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2010
Minnesota
I hear that a lot: Folks admitting they prefer the 401, but mainly using 510 mods. I guess I'll understand better later on.

I suppose it's like rifles: you can get a great shooting experience with a quality sporting rifle, but some spend most of their money and range time on their M4. You're pretty unlikely to bring a custom M4 into your deer stand, but you've got $5000 into your modding hobby and are shooting deer with a $300 .30-06. Why? Because your M4 has bore too small to be legal for hunting deer and/or your sporting rifle is lighter and perfectly suited for the task anyway.

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
I started with an automatic M402 with PCC i liked it very much, then i moved to the M402 manual batteries, i was using my M402 (two batteries and one atty) for almost 6 months, then i saw the M201 and got one, great TH (better than the eGo and eGo-T) and battery life, the only thing i do not like about the M201 is the leaky cartridge.

I have introduced a lot of friends to the vaping, and almost all of them are using M401/2 with PCC.

Like one month ago i bought an Absolute Maxx (i think is an eGo clone) and a eGo-T, they perform well, but i still using my M201.

I really do not know whay the M series are not that popular, but i think they are great for first time vapers that are looking for a similar to an analog e-cigarette.

(sorry for my english)

LukeTheDuke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2011
midwest Illinois
i have to agree with you,

though iam very new, and 8 days in vaping and analog free,

we got a revolver "elite" kit, and an ION kit, needless to say the wife snagged the ion kit away from me, sticking me with the elitem so the last 3 days i have been stuck vaping on this m40x type device, waiting for my fs510 kit to arrive, got that today, and one thing i immediatly notice is FLAVOR, them m40x's got some good flavor... you gotta hit it like a bowl or hitter but i actually miss it, its a very good system to start off with i totally agree

i was not aware they made or have manual batteries for them, thanks for that info braa lol now where can i find those? hehe id like to keep this around and sell my 510 kits
to a family member prolly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread