Not open for further replies.

hmlessalky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
Imperial, MO
....picking your color combination?

Howdy folks! I have been on the fence about trying a bottom feeder. I was going to buy a cheapie box mod to see if I like it or not. Then I thought about it. The chances of me not liking it are slim, that would be money wasted, maybe I should just go straight to the top.

I have been having a blast with my VV's lately, and was going to wait for the VV Grand. But I bought a Bolt on sale, liked it alright, added an extender, liked it more, popped in my 4.8v NiMH, liked it more. So I figure I am good with a fixed voltage mod.

So I go to the Reo website, fully expecting everything to be out of stock. Nope, good selection of Grands; just what I wanted. Started looking at color combinations. Found my fave. Thought about it. Went back. Found my new fave, but it wasn't available, found my next fave combo. Figured I would wait til payday. Went back a few more times before then. Every time I find a different combo I like (thank heavens they all aren't in stock; actually I would have went with silver/green from the get-go), and it changes almost every day.

Anyway, I am pretty sure a silver body with some colored door will be my pick, as this will be my work mod, and it is not a very forgiving environment. I even thought about the tumbled, but I want some color to it.

Well, that is all. I guess I will go back again and see what is there, and try to settle on one I have to have. It was payday after all....

Salky

hmlessalky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
Imperial, MO
The polished was beautiful, but i would never allow it to leave the house!

I think I may be 'boring' and go with silver with a black door. It looks quite classy.

Thanks you two, I have read so much about these and figure if they have so many die-hard fans they have to be awesome. I appreciate the offer of assistance as well. You all have a great family here, I can't wait to become a 3rd cousin or whatever.

Man, picking colors is hard....

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
Whatever color you choose, it will be pretty. :) You could also get different doors, or get two and change doors. :D

So much this. Being able to swap doors is like being able to change the color of the accent wall in your favorite room on a whim. I don't believe there are any on the site right now, but Rob's been known to have a pile of doors available. With his new foray into powder coating, I'm hoping the door-swapping possibilities will go through the roof. I could totally see having a different door for each day of the week!

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Went with Silver/Blue. Now the waiting. Have a good weekend all!

Welcome new REOnaut. You did really well in color choice. #1 the Silver Anozided is the most forgiving color for scrapes, scratches, and gouges as the bare aluminum color is the same color as the silver anodization. Dings are much less noticeable. #2 any door color looks fabulous with the Silver Body. And to boot, metal and black cartos and/or attys go well with the silver.

Hugs, Fesity Alice

hmlessalky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
Imperial, MO
Hey fellow Reonauts (so happy to be able to say that)!

Just an update on the Grand experience and a complaint.

Absofreakinlutely love this thing. By far the best vape purchase I made. Solid, easy to maintain, and so pretty. No more lugging a bunch of stuff along. Charge a battery, fill the bottle and go. Might take another bottle, just in case a flavor change is needed. Took me a bit to learn the proper pressure to fill the atty, but after a day of observing the connector, and a night of practice in bed (couldn't sleep, kept wanting to vape), I think I have it down to a science. And is the silver anodized? I am pretty sure this is bare, just the way I had hoped.

Now my complaint. Ever since getting this, I wanted a Mini for shorter outings. I figure I will wait until I can save up the weekly self-imposed vape allowance. But I see them on the classifieds. I feel kind of sad for them being sold, especially when they are there for a while. I see a seller with 2 Mini's and a Woodville needing repair. Good price. No one is biting. Give him a bump. That subscribes me to his post. Get an update he is taking offers. Post that I will see what I can come up with and make an offer. Jump the gun and offer to buy his slightly rough Mini and the Woodville as a package. He bumps the offer up a bit and I bite.

Probably be here Monday since he is close.

Why did this happen? What is going on?

I don't know, but I am sure I will be happy as heck when they get here. I have a Mini to use, a Woodville to send in (I will PM as soon as it arrives) and my Grand to continue to enjoy.

Why do they have to be such a good device?

Am I going to become a Reo-junkie?

So many questions. So many....

Aww crapola! Now I have to buy more attys! What kind do I try first? Arrgh!

Anyway, hope you all have a great weekend!

Salky

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Congrats on all your REO purchases!

You have been infected with the Reovirus! It happens, most people that buy REO's get it. The overwhelming sensation to purchase more REO's is the major symptom. The fear of ever being without a REO is normal.

I saw that Woodvil. Just a quick trip to Robert will have it good as new! I have purchased some like that before and always been pleased when Robert gets it back to me.

The silver is silver anodizing. They do it very light and the tumbling shows through. I have a silver and really like that about it. I also have tumbled so I was able to compare.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread