So long 808

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiiWok

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Washington State
Well, I finally picked up a 510 kit and after 2 minutes I can't see any good reason to stick with the 808.

I've used standard 808 batteries, the Cigeasy Elegant 650mah battery, Missy's 808 Wetbox, premium cartos (V4L Coolcart & Premium, Cigeasy Gold Label, LiteCig premium), regular generic cartos, and none of those combos come close in terms of vapor production to the 510.

Ordered 4 510 eGo batteries from TastyVapor, picked up some atomizers & cartridges from Madvapes, and I really can't see myself going back.

If I get anywhere close to the atomizer life that most people get then it will be a lot cheaper in the long run.

The downside to the 510 is that the cartridges don't hold nearly as much liquid as 808 cartomizers. But it's much easier to clean and/or replace the filling in 510 cartridges.

I also picked up a 510 to 808 atomizer from Madvapes so I can still use my 808 gear with 510 batteries until I run out.

After that it's looking like 510 all the way with drip tips.

Last edited:

WiiWok

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Washington State
Ok... after a few hours I'm *not* liking the 510 after all.

The cartridges hold very little liquid. And it doesn't seem like the liquid drips down from the cartridge onto the atomizer properly. I end up with a burnt taste that is much worse than an 808 burnt carto. Much worse.

I've also tried dripping liquid directly onto the atomizer and it leaks... badly. It produces a ton of vapor but the second the atomizer gets dry then the terrible taste is back.

The good news is that the 510 to 808 adapter works great so these eGo batteries are perfect with 808 cartomizers.

I just don't have the patience to deal with leaking and burning.

I'll fiddle around with it more and do some reading to see if I can figure it out... we'll see.

forthwith

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I have used both as well, and although the 510 is a vapor machine, the 808 is overall more reliable and simple to use. Have you tried 510 cartomizers? before I went 808 the 510 cartomizers rocked my world, though I found automatic batteries to better suit my vaping needs, and as you may know, 510 autos are not exactly the best. One thing I did find is that the juice contributes more to the experience than anything else, and as I have found my perfect juice, I just get whatever their supplier uses, in this case V4L, so auto 808's are my companions now. Sorry to ramble but I hope it helps

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
I guess it depends on what you like.

I'm not a huge vapor junkie. The vapor production of the 510 is pretty sweet, but... Kr8 cartos taste better to me. They last longer. That standard batteries hold a charge longer (I still like small batteries - so shoot me :p ).

And yeah, they don't leak. ;)

I like my 510. Still like my Kr8 more though.

chayce

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2009
Yup. I use a 510 for a while, but I NEVER got a decent atomizer life. After about a week they all started tasting bad and cleaning made them better but didn't solve it. Maybe it's how I vape, but 808s have been great for me. Made the switch to turbo carts and it's even better, and now I'm trying the extra long batteries. Never going back.

lilfarmtruck

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2010
MO
I have a regular joye 510 manual and a KR8. For me the KR8 is tops no comparison. Keep getting your fingers dirty with the leaky 510 carts not to mention cleaning the attys. Unless you use 510 cartos then I commend you. You will then suffer battery life compared to the KR8. But good luck to you. At least your not smoking analogs.

Kobudo

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
Evansville, IN
Speaking of the 901, I have absolutely fallen in love with dripping on a LR 901 attached to the KR8 connector on either of my homemade 18650 mods. I started out using regular 901s on standard 280 mah KR8 batteries.

If you wanna try dripping with a tasty atomizer, try picking up a 901 or two to try on your KR8s. They don't disappoint. Just don't bother with 901 carts... big pain. Delrin drip tips are nice.

I still like KR8 cartos when I'm at work (mostly in the field), driving, or golfing.

lambolover808

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2009
Apollo Beach, FL, USA
I also used an eGo battery/808 cart combo for a while and really liked it. One day I found myself with no charged eGo batteries so I grabbed an old 808 battery to use and WOW! I must have forgot what it was like to vape a freshly charged 808 battery. The extra .5v really makes a difference IMO. I sold the the eGo.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread