So... need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicoT Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2016
US of A
There it goes... a bit of a help needed here - wife uses a pico mod with Kayfun 5 tank and it leaks a bit of juice out of the air holes. I have 2 and none of them leaks; however, she is not overly concerned about the position of her device, so it could be sitting on its side and therefore, leak.

If you’v seen pico (and I am sure most have), it has a battery access door from atop. Concern here that juice gets inside of the battery compartment and may cause hazard. I suggested we replace her pico with something that has battery access from the bottom of the mod (think Alien).

Help me chose! She does not like Alien-like design from SMOK (with the big button) and something like LostVape Paranormal is too big for her.

I looked on all of my favorite sites and can’t really come up with anything... 1 or 2 (18650) batteries is fine, access to the batteries compartment must be from below. Any suggestions?

PS sorry about any typos, typing this real quick from the phone. Blame it all on a spellchecker ;)

Thank you!

Reactions: Katdarling

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
There it goes... a bit of a help needed here - wife uses a pico mod with Kayfun 5 tank and it leaks a bit of juice out of the air holes. I have 2 and none of them leaks; however, she is not overly concerned about the position of her device, so it could be sitting on its side and therefore, leak.
I had a Kayfun which would occassionally leak from the airhole. Might try blowing gently into the airhole a couple of times. Usually worked for me. I rationalized that any liquid in the air intake would "wick" a continuous stream of liquid from the tank reservoir. Your wife may be flooding the tank, too; drawing too hard or over-filling.

Also, cheaper to replace a tank than a mod.

Last edited:

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
It's unlikely that a significant amount of liquid would leak from the tank unnoticed and get into a sealed battery compartment on the Pico. Especially if it's laying on its side. Someone would have to work pretty hard to make that happen.

Obi Wan Vapori

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2013
Saco,ME,USA
Geekvape Agis? It's waterproof and bombproof pretty much? It's a single 1850 mod? That way you won't have to worry.... With that said, it's not as inexpensive as a pico.

Anna
Put a Aspire cleato EXO tank on it with a regular Cleato coil and you have about as leak proof and indestructible set up as is currently available.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
A few points here:

1. The Kayfun being an RBA, have you tried using more wick?
2. Have you tried using a thicker juice?
3. You might also try replacing the o-rings.
4. I have to say "no" to the Geekvape Aegis. The battery vent holes point directly at your face. So on the off chance something bad happens, it will be happening to your face.

sake1bs

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
nyc
I love my pico, just ordered a vaporesso swag which i haven't received yet but i noticed in pictures and you can see it on some videos on youtube that although the battery access is on top like the pico,.. the threads are raised up like a tiny wall so juice wouldn't get into the battery compartment

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think it's actually easier to switch mods than to find another tank you like, sometimes.

With that said, how long has this been going on? Because Coastal Cowboy does have a point, it would be fairly difficult to get liquid down through the pico battery top, so unless it's leaking down INTO the electronics (which it doesn't sound like) your best course may be to just keep checking it for a while, and if the leakage doesn't appear to be all over the Pico, she may be fine...

Anna

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
My wife has a pico and before switching her to a km3 , I set her up with an old erlprinz rta. She always throws it in her purse, lays it on its side and has dropped it a few times. Anyways for a couple weeks this tank was worn out and because of how hard she treated it and her constantly going from 90 degree weather to 70 degree a/c, the tank leaked some and it did get into and ruin one battery in the pico. ...as for a nice small mod, look at the aspire nx75

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

NicoT Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2016
US of A
Oh, wow... thanks for all the replies. Sorry, was out sick the last couple of days and could not respond timely. Lots of good ideas and suggestions. I have to say, this community is amazing.

Now, to the issue, changing juice or tank is not an option as she loves both and is not willing to compromise. I wick and coil all 3 Kayfun 5s between the two of us, so there is consistency and only hers leaks (tried swapping her tanks with one of mine, but issue continues). And yes, it is enough juice where I've personally witnessed liquid on the battery.

I think as someone mentioned, it is the way she draws - too hard, which floods the coil and her just throwing it all over the place. I took it apart last night and replaced o-rings (one was actually slightly damaged), so hopefully that and working on the draw would solve the problem. If not, there are some good suggestions on here to which device to look for...

Thanks, guys, you're all amazing.

NicoT Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2016
US of A
It's unlikely that a significant amount of liquid would leak from the tank unnoticed and get into a sealed battery compartment on the Pico. Especially if it's laying on its side. Someone would have to work pretty hard to make that happen.

Oh, it's noticeable alright - she just doesn't care. She'd wipe around, but not clean the air holes, so overtime it gets underneath the tank and into the battery compartment by slowly crawling down the threads.

NicoT Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2016
US of A
I love my pico, just ordered a vaporesso swag which i haven't received yet but i noticed in pictures and you can see it on some videos on youtube that although the battery access is on top like the pico,.. the threads are raised up like a tiny wall so juice wouldn't get into the battery compartment

Yes, i just looked it up and it appears that the cap threads on instead of in as the case with pico. Let me know how you like it? And perhaps send a pic with the cap off? This would be as close as you can get to pico size.

Last edited:

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Oh, it's noticeable alright - she just doesn't care. She'd wipe around, but not clean the air holes, so overtime it gets underneath the tank and into the battery compartment by slowly crawling down the threads.
What you're describing is virtually impossible. Please understand that I don't mean to imply you're not being truthful.

It would take liquid under pressure to even begin getting past the threads on the battery cap, and that pressure would have to be maintained to get enough liquid in the battery compartment to cause an internal short. It's not going to happen from a casually leaking tank when the mod laying is on its side.

If the wife wants a new mod, by all means go get her one. Let her use whatever reason she wants to, but be assured that there's no feasible path for liquid through the battery cap.

NicoT Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2016
US of A
What you're describing is virtually impossible. Please understand that I don't mean to imply you're not being truthful.

It would take liquid under pressure to even begin getting past the threads on the battery cap, and that pressure would have to be maintained to get enough liquid in the battery compartment to cause an internal short. It's not going to happen from a casually leaking tank when the mod laying is on its side.

If the wife wants a new mod, by all means go get her one. Let her use whatever reason she wants to, but be assured that there's no feasible path for liquid through the battery cap.

Yes and no... while I agree with your point, it doesn't negate the fact that liquid is present on the threads of the cap, inside threads, in the compartment and on the battery. Not much liquid to where (I hope) it would cause a short, but enough to make me paranoid. It very well could be that it gets in there when she is changing the batteries and ignores a little puddle that accumulates around the tank. Since, I pointed out the fact that liquid drips inside, she is wiping it all around when replacing the battery, but I'd like to "overkill" it with additional layer of protection - i.e. choosing a device with a different physical design.

Getting a new mod is not a problem, it's the matter of selecting one that will help with the issue, which thus far, Vaporesso Swag (cheezy name) seems a feasible alternative.

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA

Yeah, I have a couple of Picos and I'm inclined to agree. I don't see how a significant amount of juice gets into the battery compartment because of a little topper leakage. I'm not implying that you're being untruthful- I would guess that if you're finding a lot of juice in there it's getting there through a different mechanism (so I suppose I am implying that your wife might be a bit messier with juice than either of you realize. Please don't track me down and shoot me for insulting her honor ;).)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread