Apr 29, 2017
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Neither appropriate nor appreciated

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I dont want to argue anymore to be honest i will concede defeat but tbh you are being nitpicky and you know it but i can respect that as a marine and gun enthusiast i hate when people refer to magazines as clips

That's actually getting very close to my point.
(Clips load magazines :) )

I make the distinction not to be nit picky, but to be safe.
New vapers read our threads.
If we give advice we should at least use the correct terminology.

Hybrids are about the most safe mechs of all when used by a casual vaper.
Direct to battery mods are probably the most dangerous.
I have never seen an incident where a true hybrid made the news

Reactions: DoubleDZA

MaxximusRevelation

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2016
According to their add this mod is gonna pay off my student loans and find me a faithful wifey.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-05-06-10-04-11.png
    Screenshot_2017-05-06-10-04-11.png
    248.8 KB · Views: 61

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
It's not semantics its incorrect terminology and it can get a new vaper hurt.

Direct to battery devices were once called "faux hybrids" because they simulated the flush look of a hybrid device.
Today they look (and are built) nothing like hybrids.

Hybrids do not have 510 threads and are inherently safer to use as you cannot use the wrong atomizer, and they have none of the concessions of a direct to battery mod.

Hybrids dont have a topcap.
The atty attaches to the body of the mod.
View attachment 652949 The hybrid is on the left.
The rda for it is Hybrid for it screws directly on the Mod, no topper. They just include a topper so that you can use other devices instead of being restricted. They also include a a cap with the rda so you can can not only use the rda on other mods but an ohms reader, etc.

This is a very versatile Hybrid Mod.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kprthevapr

nebulaskin

Dec 6, 2016
I preordered it from customvapes, but im not really sure about which rda should i put on it..
There are almost no 25mm rda out there which are worth buying. The only one i know is the Kennedy, but doesn't have control over airflow and it's expensive. The SOI rda is 25mm but is so damn ugly..
May a copper apocalypse fit good on a 25mm tube?
I bought the copper version.. do you guys think that a copper apocalypse will have the same "shades of colors" as the tube?
Any other suggestions?

MaxximusRevelation

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2016
I personally love the 24mm RDA by SOI, its a great performer. I plan on getting the 25mm when I purchase the X, but if it looks ugly to you, you may never get over that so maybe go with the Kennedy?

I am pretty sure the Apocalypse is a 24mm RDA based on the Goon and for the price you are better off with a Goon as both of them will be 24mm and neither would be flush with the mod.

Reactions: nalo_b

nalo_b

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2010
oahu
I personally love the 24mm RDA by SOI, its a great performer. I plan on getting the 25mm when I purchase the X, but if it looks ugly to you, you may never get over that so maybe go with the Kennedy?

I am pretty sure the Apocalypse is a 24mm RDA based on the Goon and for the price you are better off with a Goon as both of them will be 24mm and neither would be flush with the mod.

I love my 24mm subzero rda too always have it on my shorty in hybrid mode. I will definitely order it for the subzero x as well.

Reactions: Verb

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
By the way if anyone is wondering I don't believe a 20700 will fit this mod. The sleeve stops at the vent holes and doesn't slide all the way through the tube. But all in all still a great mod!

Not able to fit 20700 or 21700 doesn't concern me at all. Personally I have way too much invested in 18650 batteries and Mod's. I may pick up at a later date a mod or two that fit them "after" the 20&21700 batteries and mod's have been out a while and have been well tested. I'm not one that must have the latest bleeding edge ______ (insert what ever).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread