some advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

op3operator

Feb 23, 2016
Canada,sk,regina
Hey all, First time poster here on the forums.Quick question im looking for help with.
Right now im using a nautilus mini tank with an eleaf i stick 40wtc setup (not using the temp control though). and this setup is driving me nuts And im looking to upgrade to something a little more nicer powerful.

So ive been looking at this.
75W Kangertech TOPBOX Mini TC Starter Kit W/O Battery, applies kanger Universal-TC technology, which supports Ni/Ti/ SS/NiCr (Kanthal) coil for Temp control. It includes 75W KBOX Mini TC MOD and 4ml TOPTANK Mini.
Features
4ml Top Filling Tank
Strengthen Pyrex Glass
Enhance Arr flow valve
Replaceable drip tip
Max 75W Output Box MOD
Support Ni/Ti/SS/NiCr Coils for TEMP Control
Parameters
75W Kbox Mini TC MOD
Size:82x39x22mm
Wattage: 7W - 75W
Coil Resistance: Above 0.1ohm
TC Support Coil Type: Ni/Ti/ SS/NiCr (Kanthal)
Thread: Spring loaded 510
USB: Micro USB port
TOPTANK Mini
Size: 22(D)x64(L) mm
Capacity: 4ml
Filling e-Juice: Top filling
Is this the newest one? At my local vape shops they do sell these mods but there also telling me to just wait 2-3 weeks for the tank itself to go on the market why? I'm not sure. im told these tank use the new rounded coils,better wicking and that there a sub ohm.

What would you guys recommend to do is the new tank thats coming is it the same one as thats in the kit above?

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
You know, I don't wish to sound harsh, but you are using a well-known low power tank on what is actually a very good little mod. (Even though it's Eleaf :eek: )

Why not buy a subtank/toptank and see how you like it. I will work perfectly well on your iStick.

Unless you want to vape at at more than 40w, of course... :D

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
The entire outfit is $59.95 here : Kangertech TOPBOX Mini Kit (SUBOX Mini Pro)

It would be a very nice step from the Nautilus. (and you'll have great back up gear). You can get by just buying the tank and using the same mod you now have. You will also need to buy specific coils for this product. It comes with teh rba so you can learn to make your own coils and wicks (easy and cheap).

Douggro

Ultra Member
Nov 26, 2015
Seattle, WA
My mod's a 50 watter Kanger & at 35-38 watts it's still pretty good with the .5 coils, I'm in the process of getting a 120w mod & will get into my .25 coils with that.
The .5Ω coil is probably the only one that would work at the lower wattages, like you're using. Still, that's the top of the curve for a 40W iStick.. The .25Ω Kanthal and the .15Ω Nickel come into their own at 50W and up.

Reactions: Road King

Road King

ECF Veteran
The .5Ω coil is probably the only one that would work at the lower wattages, like you're using. Still, that's the top of the curve for a 40W iStick.. The .25Ω Kanthal and the .15Ω Nickel come into their own at 50W and up.

Definitely.
That's why I'm saving my .25's for when I get my new 120w.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Subtank nano is better than the mini - just my opinion. Lots of people prefer them over the mini for flavour, airflow and build quality.

I find 25-30W for 50-60VG and 30-35W for 70VG to 8OVG. I only vape it wide open. I use .5ohm VOCC or SOCC coils. tried the clapton .5's and they are good too.

I love my Nautilus mini but only get a good vape with it at around 40VG or better at 30VG. Maybe try 70PG 30VG liquid in it? I get a better vape on it with cheap Hangsen 80PG 20VG than I do with premium 50/50. I find my sweet spot to be mixing Spacejam Eclipse 50/50 with Hangsen RY4 80PG20VG. That's because I use it as my tobacco flavour vape device for MTL.

They're two different things MTL and sub ohm tanks, but I'm glad I have both as it means I don't get bored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread