Some e juices are causing throat irritation

Status
Not open for further replies.

muza123

Feb 14, 2021
Hi I'm new to the forums 1 month vaping and completely free of ciggaretes
my set up is a kangertech subox kit with the 0.5 occ coils
I have been vaping this new juice the flavor is called orange mango chill 3mg 80/20
and whenever I vape this juice I get a dry throat, never had a problem with any other flavors but when I vape this juice after a few hours it's hard to swallow, and where your nose connects to your mouth becomes swollen on one side could I be allergic to some flavors
Would seriously appreciate any help

(I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum very new to using forums)

Reactions: BrotherBob

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I had that issue before (it was just one juice that did this) At first, I thought it was the PG (anything over 35% PG irritates my throat... not a big deal but annoying) Turns out it was some ingredient (flavor) in that juice. BTW, your juice being 80VG/20PG should not be an issue. I never did find out specifically what caused this... just stopped vaping that juice and haven't had any issues since. Maybe ask a friend who vapes to try it and see if it bothers them too. I just threw my bottle in the trash ;)

Reactions: dennism

muza123

Feb 14, 2021
I had that issue before (it was just one juice that did this) At first, I thought it was the PG (anything over 35% PG irritates my throat... not a big deal but annoying) Turns out it was some ingredient (flavor) in that juice. BTW, your juice being 80VG/20PG should not be an issue. I never did find out specifically what caused this... just stopped vaping that juice and haven't had any issues since. Maybe ask a friend who vapes to try it and see if it bothers them too. I just threw my bottle in the trash ;)
Thanks man appreciate that for real, I think it's the sweetener in this e-liquid as its very sweet and it irritates my throat it's ready for the trash. I hope your having a great day

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Then I think what others have said is probably true. Somthing about the flavors or some other additive used is what's causing that dryness in your throat. I would not hesitate trying a higher PG if you think it will satisfy you better. Not 80% though lol Maybe no more than 50% tops.

muza123

Feb 14, 2021
    Then I think what others have said is probably true. Somthing about the flavors or some other additive used is what's causing that dryness in your throat. I would not hesitate trying a higher PG if you think it will satisfy you better. Not 80% though lol Maybe no more than 50% tops.
    Going to go for a 70/30 trying to find the sweet point but i could imagine 80 pg would be super harsh on the throat lol. thanks for all the help!

Reactions: wvducklady

wvducklady

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 23, 2013
    US
    Going to go for a 70/30 trying to find the sweet point but i could imagine 80 pg would be super harsh on the throat lol. thanks for all the help!

Welcome to ecf! I vape 70VG/30PG and have really liked it. It will give you a little better kick than the 80vg. It’s still smooth too, and I really like that :)
    I agree with the others, and glad you stopped using that flavor :)

Reactions: muza123

muza123

Feb 14, 2021
    Reactions: BrotherBob
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread