Some flavors don't work with DIY juice in the pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

saphic

Aug 29, 2009
Seattle, WA
Just a heads up for anyone else making thier own juice. I use a base of distilled water and VG for all my juices and occasionally add VG base nicotine. Some flavors are not working and some are in my pipe, everything works in the cigar so far. I don't know if it's related, but anything with PG seems not to work and gets cloggy. The flavors that don't work so far are the classic (PG based) caramel crisp from juicy liquid and Loranns chocolate. The Juicy butterscotch (VG based) from juicy liquids works just fine, even we I add the juicy liquid VG nicotine juice. I have read that some juices don't work with the pipe and it's true, but I wasn't expecting it to be flavor based.

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Are you using the 5:1 base to flavor ratio when you mix the JL juices with the pipe? Works fine for me but I sometimes add a few extra drops for a few flavors. I use a 50/50 mix of PG unflavored JL liquid and Glycerine for my pipe base then mix in the flavors. Makes it real thick compared to my regular stuff.

Darmeen

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
TX USA
My PG RY4 works fine in the 601, other than the flavor is cut considerably.

I have used all PG, all VG, mixed etc and not had any clogging problems with it. The only issue I have is that the 601 wipes out most flavors...so it looks like I need to get some DIY flavorings that are more concentrated to super charge my current juices to taste like they do in my 510.

Twister

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2009
Conley, GA
I find that percentages of flavor in my recipes need changing too. ie. had to reduce the cherry and increase the flue cured in my cherry blend. Was using about 50/50 in my 801. Has anyone tried changing the cart filler yet? The blue foam seems to work pretty good.

My PG RY4 works fine in the 601, other than the flavor is cut considerably.

I have used all PG, all VG, mixed etc and not had any clogging problems with it. The only issue I have is that the 601 wipes out most flavors...so it looks like I need to get some DIY flavorings that are more concentrated to super charge my current juices to taste like they do in my 510.

Darmeen

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
TX USA
twister" data-source="post: 889350" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
twister said:
I find that percentages of flavor in my recipes need changing too. ie. had to reduce the cherry and increase the flue cured in my cherry blend. Was using about 50/50 in my 801. Has anyone tried changing the cart filler yet? The blue foam seems to work pretty good.

I am playing with fillers, trying to modify stuff I found to work well in my 510, but right now, I am simply dripping in my 601. I can't seem to find the blue foam around here (rural Texas) and am simply not motivated enough to order some online at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread