Hooray new pipe and cigar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

saphic

Aug 29, 2009
Seattle, WA
Got my cigar and pipe in the mail yesterday and am so super happy! I have been heeding everyone's advice about the leaking and have found that taking the cart out and smoking until the atty is dry helps quite a bit. I make my own juice and it's works VERY well in both units. I can just take the cart out about halfway thru smoking my pipe and I still have plenty of juice before it runs dry and I put it away.

The only question I have is about cleaning these. I'm looking for experienced advice, good news or bad, about a way to occasionally clean the attys without breaking the device. I'm thinking removing the battery is a good start. Also becasue the pipe is made of wood I'm wondering if just keeping it dry will be enough? I use VG, distilled water, and a little all natural chemical free flavorings in my juice so it's super pure and should not dry out the wood at all. I'm not so worried about the cigar, but the wood makes me wonder. My atomizers never go bad and I'm not looking to start that trend any time soon.

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
I only tried cleaning my 601 once and I'm not sure that it was a good idea. Didn't change much at all with the function. Its certainly not running all that well right now, but then again it has seen almost 4 months of hard use/abuse. I intend to treat its replacement with considerably more care.

As for my 701 cigars, I only cleaned one once due to a high level of carbon build up. I could tell it was bad because my freshly cleaned and loaded carts were coming out with dark brown/black stains. The stains washed out easily from the carts. Then the auto switch started sticking pretty constantly. I tossed the whole cigar, minus battery, battery cover, and cart into a zip lock bag filled with Crest pro health mouthwash. Shook and agitated it for about 20 mins, emptied it out, rinsed it with hot water, shook it as dry as I could (and boy did that take forever). Let it dry for about 2 or 3 days, then loaded a batt and fired it up.

For the first few hours of use the led flickered but it functioned fine. Then it went right back to normal. Haven't had any carbon problems or function problems so I guess that was ok.

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
Read the DSE601 manual. In there it describes a cleaning process you can follow, infrequently, to burn off deposits on the heating coil when vapor production falls.

Heaven Gifts provided the following information to me via email. I tried it and it did not improve the atomizer on one of my pipe bowls.

Here is the tips tp completely clean the atomizer.

a. Blow out the atomizer from the e-pipe bowl with slightly high pressure air.

b. Drip small amount of regular alcohol into the atomizer, then rinse out with distilled water, shake out well, then blow out with compressed air.

c. Load a full battery and a new cartridge, try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread