Some FSUSA flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

subversive

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
United States
Got my first non-starter kit juice order today. I ordered from FSUSA and was very happy with the shipping and customer service. I don't know that my review is necessarily wanted since I haven't tried all the flavors and vendors so many others have..but here it is anyway. If you're an e-juice connoisseur, I suppose you won't find this particularly helpful : P Perhaps someone who has just made the switch from analogs will find it more useful.

Voodoo 3ml sample 50/50 24mg - Good, tasty. It's like a spicy (clove? cinnamon?) apple with a little menthol mixed in. Strong flavor and not something I want to vape all day long, but tasty.

Apple Pie 3ml sample 50/50 24mg - It DOES taste somewhat like Apple Pie. But after vaping it I realize I must not like vaping Apple Pie..not the apple flavor that bothers me but the sweet pie-crust flavor. Because of this, I have decided that I most likely won't like other cake/pie/vanilla type liquids. It'll do if I'm low on juice, though.

Espresso 5ml 70/30 12 mg - I do not like this at all, but it's like the Apple Pie flavor to me. It definitely tastes like strong coffee, which I like to drink, but I guess not to vape. Bitter, burnt coffee type flavor that took awhile to vape out of my atty. I am going to steer clear of coffee flavors from now on. Glad I only got the 5ml.

Wyatt Earp 3ml sample 50/50 24mg - Not nearly as bad as I thought it would be after reading some reviews. It has a kind of syrupy soap flavor. I realize that sounds terrible, but it would do in a pinch. One reviewer said it tasted like hobo piss, wet dog, and cigarette butts (or something like that). Not nearly that bad, I promise. I would prefer this over the espresso for sure.

Marshmallow 10 ml 70/30 12 mg + Extra flavor - I'm not sure I can give an accurate review on this one. It tasted like burnt marshmallow to me, but that may not have been the juice. I wanted to try it again but after using the coffee flavor in my atty there was no point. I will try it with a clean atomizer. *Edit* tried it again in a clean atty..still a burnt marshmallow flavor.
It's a broken-in atty and the other flavors taste ok, so I don't think it's the atomizer itself.

Virginia 10 ml 70/30 0mg - Like the marshmallow, not sure I can give an accurate review. It was sweet and light and overpowered by other flavors I had been vaping. I bought it primarily for mixing with a too-strong 36mg liquid though, so that may be a good thing. *Edit* tried it again and I definitely don't like it. It doesn't taste like the 3 different tobacco flavors I have tried so far at all. Not what I was expecting. : (

For my next order I think I'll try plain Apple and PureCig. Will be sticking to fruit flavors ( non-dessert ones) and generic tobacco flavors I think. This review is mainly negative, but more due to personal preference than from the liquids not tasting like their names. I.E. if you like to vape vanilla/cake flavors, the apple pie will probably be good..if the idea of an espresso vape appeals to you, the bitter flavor will be good...only one I personally enjoyed was Voodoo.

Elphaba13

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2011
Australia
www.freedomsmokeusa.com
Thanks for this. All reviews are helpful to someone who is new to this, so greatly appreciated.

Would any of the vets know: If the espresso was a bit too bitter, would it help to add something else, like caramel / butterscotch in it? Just asking because I have 30mls on the way, and also 10 mls of caramel and 10 of butterscotch. I'm hoping that if the coffee is too bitter for me, that might help?

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Thanks for this. All reviews are helpful to someone who is new to this, so greatly appreciated.

Would any of the vets know: If the espresso was a bit too bitter, would it help to add something else, like caramel / butterscotch in it? Just asking because I have 30mls on the way, and also 10 mls of caramel and 10 of butterscotch. I'm hoping that if the coffee is too bitter for me, that might help?

It certainly could:) If you have an empty small bottle try playing with just a small amount until you see if you like it. All 3 flavors go well together :)

subversive

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
United States
I know you may have heard this before...Have you tried to let this sit for a while...steeping helps with certain e-liquids. I know I diy and some of them I have to let steep. They do get better when the flavors begin to meld each day.

yup, definitely not going to throw them away, so will end up vaping them one way or another. can't afford to let them go to waste. hopefully time helps. the apple pie flavor is growing on me now as well, especially after the tangy flavor of voodoo all day. i really can't imagine the espresso getting any better for me.

bigtimeweb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Houston, Texas
CappuccinoSmooth is a better coffee flavor from them, IMO, but I agree with you. I LOVE coffee, but not so much vaping it.

If you cant get into the marshmallow I bet that mixed with the espresso would help them both.

To help speed up the steep you can leave it with cap (and drip tip) off overnight. 2 weeks is the longest required steep time of any juice Ive tried so far and thats for big bottles. Their 3mL samples are supposed to be pre-steeped.

Favorites from them so far: Royal, Italian Cake, oRYental 4 - all 3 smooth all day vapes for me and neither of those tobaccos have any pepper-ish flavor. Virginia for instance is peppery to me, I cant even stand the smell. oRYental 4 is smooth and nutty, and royal is, well....smooth, creamy, airy and refreshing. I don't know why more people don't know about Royal, but I think it beats the pants off PureCig....which I liken to what an ashtray would taste like if you licked it.

Even though Ive been vaping a tiny bit longer than you reviews always helpful because there is just SO much out there, so thanks for taking the time.

zotzer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
Virginia
As I type, I am vaping FSUSA Espresso (30mg 100% PG) mixed 50/50 with Johnson Creek Chocolate Truffle (18mg). It is fantastic!

I've got to say, the JC Choc Truffle is really delightful. Although I am not crazy about it solo, it compliments just about anything I've added it to. It has a mild flavor, not really very sweet, and has an amazing "mouth feel". I am going to definitely order more!

BTW, don't confuse it with JC Swiss Dark....to me, that stuff tastes horrid. I won't say like what :), but it has ruined anything I've added it to, and I've had to toss it all out.

zab_kk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
Northern VA
Zotzer was referring to his mixed up premix not pg/vg :)

I moved from VG to 50/50, and its the perfect balance for me. You can always add a few drops of PGA or vodka to your juice to up TH. Flavourart also makes something called QHit which is meant solely for that purpose as well.

The reason I got the 30mg 100% PG FSUSA juices was to mix with a bunch of other juices I have that taste pretty good, but lack TH. Gets the job done.

The question was actually directed to the OP in his description of the VG/PG content of HER reviewed E-juices, I guess I should have made that apparent... But I appreciate the other responses as well! :)

Last edited:

subversive

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
United States
The TH of the 50/50 Voodoo was good for me. Can feel a little burn in my sinuses as well like you would with analog smoke. I don't get the sinus sensation with the 12mg 70/30 flavors. Not sure if that has more to do with the VG/PG ratio or the 24mg nic content and strong flavor.

Not sure if I am a TH fanatic/expert, though. So far I think I enjoy seeing clouds of vapor more. I do enjoy a strong hit in the morning, though. To compare TH, I used two attys and dripped 36mg mainly-PG juice in one and the 50/50 Voodoo in the other. Voodoo didn't seem to be any less. Oh, wanted to add that I'm a she, but it doesn't really matter : )

zab_kk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
Northern VA
The TH of the 50/50 Voodoo was good for me. Can feel a little burn in my sinuses as well like you would with analog smoke. I don't get the sinus sensation with the 12mg 70/30 flavors. Not sure if that has more to do with the VG/PG ratio or the 24mg nic content and strong flavor.

Not sure if I am a TH fanatic/expert, though. So far I think I enjoy seeing clouds of vapor more. I do enjoy a strong hit in the morning, though. To compare TH, I used two attys and dripped 36mg mainly-PG juice in one and the 50/50 Voodoo in the other. Voodoo didn't seem to be any less. Oh, wanted to add that I'm a she, but it doesn't really matter : )

Edited... lol... Thanks for the reply, have my first order from fsusa on the way, and was wondering what to expect. Appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread