some tank and e-juice questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slight

Aug 25, 2011
New York
I have several questions which fall into different categories but I didn’t want to ask on every fórum. I understand everyone have different styles when it comes to vaping and that's ok, it helps me explore and find what I best like. I tried DL vaping and while its nice with some e-juice find with others t isn't. I have tried eGo batteries with clearomizers and I like the MTL and how It taste I kind of like eGo batteries because I can swap easily from (OTHER STUFF) oils my SMOK battery minimum is 6 watts idk if that will hurt the oil since I vape with like 3.8 watts using the spinner battery voltage selector.

I was looking at the suggestions and I was reading around some mentioned eGo one tank I was looking into this iStick Pico 25 - Eleaf electronic cigarette and this Aspire Zelos 50W Starter Kit

Now I have found I like more MTL since some juice doesn't really feel same with DL but some tanks with a metal tip kind of feel uncomfortable when it gets hot while inhaling so far I've used some glassomizers and clearomizer as mentioned I have also tried this tank I have tried this tank (I have the tank only) Aspire Zelos 50W Starter Kit

I want an MTL tank that will give the best flavor I don't b mind buying tank and battery separate or a kit flavor is what I most need is important to me because I have a feeding tube I have not tasted anything in 4 years aside from gum so vaping helps me taste different flavors. So I need a set up that can help me get the most out of it I am also looking for a place to find good e-juice I know everyone has different taste but that's why I am asking maybe I will like your taste if there is a place to buy a variety of flavors and quality I’d appreciate it.

And last question; when I cleaned my clearomizer and the aspire tank after it dries and all sometimes I inhale and I feel the hot working up but I don't pull any vapor what am I doing wrong? How should I clean the tanks and clearomizer?

Last edited by a moderator:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
The Innokin Kroma/Zenith kit would be a good one to look into. When you clean the tanks are you taking the coils out? If not do so. Make sure after cleaning all the orings are in place and af is open. If just rinsing out juice I just rinse under a hot tap. If I'm doing a maintenance cleaning I break down the tank a wash in a dawn bath, rinse and and dip in alcohol, air dry.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
not sure I think I put everything inside the water, no idea what the coil or what. I followed this videos but. I'm deaf so idk what he said, I just mimic what I saw

So he removed the coil from the base and did not put it into the bowl. After cleaning and assembled the tank with a fresh primed coil. Did you forget to prime the coil with juice maybe? Did you let the full tank sit for a few minutes to let the coil fully saturate?

Slight

Aug 25, 2011
New York
So he removed the coil from the base and did not put it into the bowl. After cleaning and assembled the tank with a fresh primed coil. Did you forget to prime the coil with juice maybe? Did you let the full tank sit for a few minutes to let the coil fully saturate?

How do you "prime" a coil? and uh, when you are supposed to clean and change the coil?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Read Coastal Cowboy's blog about priming your coils, he does a much better job at explaining than I can.
Coil Priming 101 | E-Cigarette Forum

Cleaning coils are hit or miss. If the wick, cotton inside the coil, gets burnt it is no good and cannot be salvaged taste wise. This happens when you have your watts set too high or your coil is not fully saturated.

If your juice is very sweet or you chain vape you can remove the coil every other day and rinse it under a warm tap and let the wick dry fully, you will have to prime it again before using. This may or may not give you a longer coil life. When I was still using drop in coils I kept two coils for each tank and did this. I would take out the coil and replace with the other. Then clean the one I just took out. That way I was not waiting for a coil to dry and prime. I have had some tanks coils that this just didn't work for so I just kept the coil in until the taste became muted or got too sweet from caramelization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread