Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Hey everyone! It's me again! In anticipation of receiving my starter kit...hopefully tomorrow...I've purchased prob what some people would say is a lot of eliquid...then again maybe not. Don't worry I'm ordering sample sizes or whatever the smallest bottle is, but no more than 10ml bottles. I'm very excited & just want to make sure I find the right flavors for me & that I'm not tempted to return to analogs. I'm probably at around 15 different bottles now from 3 different vendors. Most of them are different flavors & about 3 or 4 are all menthol just to figure out which one i like the best since I currently smoke Newports. Did anyone else have this kind of experience or am I in denial about being a shopaholic lol! I honestly am very excited though! Thankfully, this site has helped me find most of these items at very decent prices so I can't say I've spent a ton. I've also found that calling the vendors is really helpful as well! One of them are actually sending me some free 3-5ml samples of liquid based on what I order from their site. I thought that was pretty cool. I'll post about my experiences & thoughts on the different vendors & flavors once I receive & try them out.

Please share your e-liquid shopping experiences with me! Especially if you feel like you went a lil crazy when you first started. What's your fav juice & who do you purchase from? How much juice do you keep on hand now? What's the largest bottle you purchase now that you've found your favs? How much would you say that you vape a day?

SDave1969

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2012
United States
Agreed. It is taking up all of my dining room table trying to figure out which flavor is for me. I normally gravitate towards Maple Cream and Butterscotch. Cheesecake is also a favorite. Dutch Apple Cheesecake is coming up next. I get most of my fluid from a local vendor at GottaVape and also at MadVapes. Nic level makes a difference in how much I like a particular flavor. 16MG during the day and lower in the evenings.

StormyHaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
Central Florida
I thought I had gone crazy, but seems I'm getting low already. I'm expecting more, so I've been stalking the mailbox. I've ordered from 3 different vendors and one of them stands out so far. The largest bottle purchased is 10ml. Favorite type of flavors are menthol and coffee and I've been vaping different amounts per day, so not really consistent yet. I vaped a lot yesterday-more than 5 ml.
I also found a store about 18 miles from me, so I have a back up plan if I get really low.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
If you're just starting out, having lots of flavors to try is terrific (if you haven't gone over your budget). I had about five flavors at first, but only liked one of them. You'll probably find that what you like will change over time, since when you smoked you messed up your taste buds. Also, some juices get better when they're sat around for awhile. The first one I tried was pretty yucky, but 2 months later, I liked it. I've lost count of how many juices I have. I just ordered six new ones last night from two different vendors.

ETA: I have a whole drawer dedicated to my gear, but I keep juice bottles on a shelf near my desk that I'm either currently vaping, just finished vaping or am thinking about vaping. Right now there are eleven.

Last edited:

Tiffany Smeggin Peak

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2012
Wilton IA USA
this what i have bought
FIN starter kit and extra batteries $40
Word-up starter kit and ick juice $60
Pink Spot juice $20
The Vapor room juice $25
EC Blends juice $35
Viper Vape $45
Spring Vapor juice $30
Viper hawk $30
Goode juice $70
1 bottle of pluid $20
diy menthol stuff $5
60% off sale for some liquid $15
another sale... $40

mind you I have i think 3 30ml bottles and 5 or so 15 ml and the rest are varied....
so NO you are NOT going overboard IMO.
a stanard big bottle is 30ml, but other companies offer much bigger bottles, and my fav. is Good eJuice Vita Bella....
and it just depends on the day on how much i vape... i think maybe 2 ml a day for me.... i drip though...
hope this puts it in perpsective for you

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
this what i have bought
FIN starter kit and extra batteries $40
Word-up starter kit and ick juice $60
Pink Spot juice $20
The Vapor room juice $25
EC Blends juice $35
Viper Vape $45
Spring Vapor juice $30
Viper hawk $30
Goode juice $70
1 bottle of pluid $20
diy menthol stuff $5
60% off sale for some liquid $15
another sale... $40

mind you I have i think 3 30ml bottles and 5 or so 15 ml and the rest are varied....
so NO you are NOT going overboard IMO.
a stanard big bottle is 30ml, but other companies offer much bigger bottles, and my fav. is Good eJuice Vita Bella....
and it just depends on the day on how much i vape... i think maybe 2 ml a day for me.... i drip though...
hope this puts it in perpsective for you

Lol! At first I kept track of what I was spending, now I just stuff the receipts in a drawer.

Qew

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Michigan
I think you are putting yourself in a good position with lots to choose from. I smoked Newports too, until I couldn't afford them anymore and switched to a cheaper menthol. Funny thing though, I can't stand menthol anymore, happened about a month or two into vaping.

Another plus, as you go through the stages of adjusting to vaping, your tastes will change a lot. I loved Ry4 and I can't vape that now either, lol, it tastes like celery to me.

My favorite (today) is Vanilla Blackberry Swirl from Virgin Vapor. If I find a sample I truly like, I will order a 30ml bottle. I switch between about 12-14 flavors pretty much every day, but I have a core of 6 that are 'daily must haves'.

Best of luck to you, read everything you can here, it's a wealth of info and support!

love_leigh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Orlando
Let me start by saying "haaayy ya'll" this is my first post on ECF or any forum for that matter.

Still new to the world of vaping (3 months off analogs now) I would say you aren't going overboard. Gotta figure out what you like before you can really settle in. Have fun with it!! I've spoken to a few people who acquired lots of accessories and e-juice from the get-go and have since sold off what didn't appeal to them. One of the things that's awesome about vaping is that you can tailor it to your liking.

I have a sample pack coming from AiV (Alice in Vapeland) and after having vaped menthol for the past 3 months (and smoked menthol for 15 years before), I'm stoked to try something new.

Enjoy and good luck!!

Lex Ave

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2012
Florida
Some vendors have sample bottles. Thats how I started finding flavors, as well as vendors that I like or disliked.
The sample bottles are smaller, cheaper, and if you hate them, I dont feel as bad throwing them out because I didnt spend as much money on them.

Personally, I buy from Zeus E-Juice https://www.zeusejuice.com/5ml-sampler-packs?zenid=4i6ql8fe0hjfpttjb6bv9u8jk3 Where I was able to buy sampler bottles for under $2 each. You get 6 5ml bottles, and you receive 20% off your 1st order.

They also sometimes throw in free samples with their order. From the sampler packs, I found that straw-melon cooler is my favorite flavor. Actually I enjoy a lot of cooler/ice flavors. Which is strange, bc I never smoked menthol when I DID smoke - it was marlboro lights.

I also am lucky that I work for a pretty large company, and several of us vape. We swap, sample, and review with each other our e-juice flavors. Added bonus of having more and more people vaping.

Good luck, and congrats on you quitting smoking!

ajventi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
New Jersey
I did just about the same thing, though not all in the same day. Over the course of about 18 days I bought 22 different juices from 3 vendors. I did buy three larger bottles figuring I didn't want to have to order more juice right away. Of all those the first juice I bought, Volt Country 30-mL was my favorite. Since that ran out Vaperite Mystic Menthol (which I bought 18-mL) has replaced it as my go to liquid.

I wasn't a menthol smoker, though I did enjoy them at times, but I've settled on the fact that I may well be happy with just about any conservative Menthol flavoring. So at the moment I'm waiting on an order of DIY supplies that should let me mix up at least 1 or 2 flavors that I really like.

I've pretty much planned on making my own liquid from the start, though I figure I have to taste what's out there to get an idea of what I like and don't like. Even though my DIY supplies are coming, I'm sure I'll tasting other juices as well.

williebb123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2010
Mount Shasta California
just think thats not even the tip of the iceberg ,im into this thing over 2yrs now i have simplified it into 3 catagories
1.stuff i do not like (but will not throw away in hopes to give to somebody who likes it)
2.stuff that i like but dont vape cause ive got too much other stuff thats better
3.my all day stash which mostly consist of 4 flavors that i may rotate a flavor in and out but i never let this stash run out
so i never have a chance to get back to item #2

MojoSlim

Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
High Rockies
I would like to try DIY liquid, but not sure if I have the confidence to try it.

This is where I'd like to progress eventually. My wife and I are making vanilla extract (with vodka) as holiday gifts this year. I'm thinking I could do a vegetable glycerin tincture with vanilla beans to get a vanilla flavoring, diluted with distilled water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread