Status
Not open for further replies.

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa
Don't underestimate your mum. I'm 65 years old and have tried cartos, carto tanks, vivi novas, EVODS and now using the Kanger Aerotank. I did all of my own research and ordered my equipment knowing it may not work out.

My advice is to get her a variable voltage eGo or spinner battery and EVODs. This set up is what I call "fill and vape" and does not require fiddling. The only think you have to explain to her is ohms and voltage. If she can't see well, get her a magnifying glass and a lamp she can use (if she doesn't have one).

I'm so glad she's interested. Don't show your doubts to her, let her be the one to decide if it's too much for her. She may surprise you. And, btw, I smoked for more than 40 years, 1 1/2 packs of cigarettes a day. I've been smoke free for 2 years and the transition was totally seamless, no will power involved at all.

Good luck to both of you.

I'm even older than you, RosaJ,:) and I also started with the ego and Evod clearomizers. I think they are excellent for beginning vapers, of all ages, but especially us older ones.

The Evod clearomizers are very reasonably priced, about $5, so you can get several of them, and have them all filled and ready for your mom to use. I have pretty good vision for my age, but do use reading glasses. I don't have trouble filling the Evods myself when I have them in good light.

Glad your mom is interested and I wish you both well.

stylemaster2001

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2014
Goldsboro, NC USA
Try the anyvape from Davide or Aspire with the BDC head. I like it, wife likes it, and PBrusardo likes it (Check out his review on the Aspire version). I think your mom will like it as well.

This!...I have started my sister and her friend (he lives in GA) on these, they are "fairly" easy to fill and the heads last a good long time. The only "issue" my sis's friend had was he got the tank filled and screwed on the MVP2 we sent him and then began "puffing away" but couldn't get any clouds....then he read the note I had sent with and realized he had to "turn the MVP on"!!!!!!! lol After that, no problems.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
So I will get the ego for her but what tank to choose that'll be easy for her to fill? I want a tank that won't be too fiddly for her otherwise it will put her off and she will give up before she has properly tried.
I have only used the Evod and the mini pro tank 2 so far and neither will be suitable for her.

Any ideas?

The absolute EASIEST and one of the best performing eGo clearos that I've found is the Kanger T2 clearo.

kanger-t2-top-coil-clearomiser-for-any-ego-e-cigarette-[2]-14227-p.jpg

Notice how the coil stem extends above the top of the tank? That makes it impossible to accidentally pour liquid down the center tube. Just unscrew the tip, tilt the clearo a little, and pour the liquid directly on the stem and it will flow right into the tank without spilling a drop.

The clearos NEVER leak, never gurgle, and never spit raw liquid, even if you are using the eGo while lying on your back, holding it upside-down. A single coil can last 2 or more months with basic cleaning. The coils are easy to unscrew and replace. Flavor is quite good and it produces a lot of vapor, especially for it's size. Holds 2.4ml of liquid so it will last most of, if not all day without needing a refill.

The ONLY problem I've ever had with them is sometimes when you unscrew the drip tip it loosens the coil. Just give the coil a little twist to make sure it's tight before putting the drip tip back on. Other than that, it's the easiest, most trouble free clearo I've ever had.

Last edited:

smurfdude

Feb 22, 2014
Cannock UK
An update to this...............
Tonight I have set my mum up with her very first vape kit!!
I have given her a 650ma ego battery with charger (I charged the battery first!) and 2 tanks with some liquid.
I gave her a CE4/5 tank and a mini pro tank 2. I filled both up for her and said when she starts to run low or when I am there I will refill/clean them for her.
I showed her how to charge the battery and how to turn it on and off and how to vape.
So, it's all down to my mum now!
She will have a play with it in her own time to get used to it but she did look a little pleased/excited I turned up with some vape gear :)

smurfdude

Feb 22, 2014
Cannock UK
The absolute EASIEST and one of the best performing eGo clearos that I've found is the Kanger T2 clearo.

kanger-t2-top-coil-clearomiser-for-any-ego-e-cigarette-[2]-14227-p.jpg

Notice how the coil stem extends above the top of the tank? That makes it impossible to accidentally pour liquid down the center tube. Just unscrew the tip, tilt the clearo a little, and pour the liquid directly on the stem and it will flow right into the tank without spilling a drop.

The clearos NEVER leak, never gurgle, and never spit raw liquid, even if you are using the eGo while lying on your back, holding it upside-down. A single coil can last 2 or more months with basic cleaning. The coils are easy to unscrew and replace. Flavor is quite good and it produces a lot of vapor, especially for it's size. Holds 2.4ml of liquid so it will last most of, if not all day without needing a refill.

The ONLY problem I've ever had with them is sometimes when you unscrew the drip tip it loosens the coil. Just give the coil a little twist to make sure it's tight before putting the drip tip back on. Other than that, it's the easiest, most trouble free clearo I've ever had.

Think I will add this to my next fasttech order

mikejeater

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2014
san diego, ca.
An update to this...............
Tonight I have set my mum up with her very first vape kit!!
I have given her a 650ma ego battery with charger (I charged the battery first!) and 2 tanks with some liquid.
I gave her a CE4/5 tank and a mini pro tank 2. I filled both up for her and said when she starts to run low or when I am there I will refill/clean them for her.
I showed her how to charge the battery and how to turn it on and off and how to vape.
So, it's all down to my mum now!
She will have a play with it in her own time to get used to it but she did look a little pleased/excited I turned up with some vape gear :)

That's awesome! Congratulations for both you and her. The Ce's can be a bit tricky, and if she has a rebuildable 4+/5, she could accidentally loosen the tube and get leaks. I have found top loaders, like the 2ml mini vivi, are a little easier to fill and a good vape. A little harder to loosen tube. If she ever does any acidic flavors like cinnamon's, banana, or apple, of course she can use the miniII. Hope she does well!!My:2c:

My unit: ego 900mah with mini evod 1.8ohm. Vape on!!!:cool:

Last edited:

CKCalmer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2014
My mancave

As a user of a Halo Triton, the tank of which is just a rebranded Kanger T2 (completely identical in fact, from what I can tell), I agree with every word that Completely Average wrote.

One thing, though - I notice you (smurfdude) got standard eGo batts for your mom instead of a VV. I think that's the best idea. Before I got my Triton VV battery, I found the stock 2.3Ω coil in the Triton tanks and the standard (non-VV) Triton batteries gave me quite acceptable vapes, at least for the flavors I've used with them so far. It gives you an average of 6 watts of power and 1.6amps of current. The standard batteries aren't regulated, of course, so it varies from about 4.2v on a full charge to about 3.4v when it needs recharging. But even with that amount of variance, it still worked very well for me overall.

It'd be one less thing for her to have to deal with. I have some very non-techie people in my family, too - some of which also have arthritis - and I've found that the less they have to mess with when using anything mechanical or electrical, the better.

Anyway, great choices on the hardware, smurfdude. You've done a great thing for your mother, getting her off of analogs and into vaping. I hope she stays with it!

poconojo

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Florida
I tried for years to get my mom to stop smoking. I had to get her the l88 batteries with charging case because she wanted the feel of a cigarette. She at least uses the device sometimes which cuts down on her smoking habit. That was the best I could do. She did not like the bigger batteries or the mods. She is 80 and the she is very healthy according to the doctors.

babyk1352012

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Washington State
Personally I typically recommended people start off super easy, there's such a learning curve with so many things it would be easy for newby to get discouraged and go back to smoking. I would suggest a basic ego kit with an atomizer and some cartridges. Once the cartridges get low pull it off and refill.

Talyon

Vape 4 Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Toronto
I'm a millwright and use my hands often in my trade, I'm no wussy by any means, however there is always a time when I need assistance opening one of my tanks, so I bought a flat piece of rubber that's perforated made just for the purpose of opening stubborn bottles, jars etc.

I'm sure they are in most grocery stores, wall mart, ASDA etc. they've saved me several headaches. Sorry I don't have a pic or link handy.

this was suggested in another thread awhile back, sure glad I picked one up.

Best of luck......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread