Something's not right with my flavored juices

Status
Not open for further replies.
We bought some flavored juices last week when we got our e-cigs (egos and 510 passthroughs), we are using the blue foam, but I'm going to go back to the poly stuff to see if that helps, anyway, these are all mostly tobacco flavored, but some chocolate and mint flavors too.

Other than a really, super dooper strong flavor that is for testing only, nothing has any flavor to me at all. So we bought some of our own flavors and the DH mixed some Lorann orange cream with some flavorless base and still, nothing, I think he did a 1/3 of a dram in the 10ml bottle. I can smell the orange in the bottle but not in the cig.

Do you suppose that 30 years of smoking has just completely ruined my tastebuds?

Upinthehills

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2010
Colorado
I think everyone goes through phases where none of it tastes much or it all tastes bad. It does get better. I know I started and the juice that worked for me was Deuce 24. I found a bottle in the bottom of my stuff yesterday and decided to see if it's still as good as I remembered. It was really strong and very harsh to me now. I think it was all I could taste when I was first vaping, so it's what I thought was so good.

By the same token, I have some high quality juice I thought was completely tasteless. I put it away. Got it back out yesterday too, and it's really pretty good!

Give yourself some more time. I smoked for thirty years, like you, and it took a couple of weeks before I really noticed tastes changing.

To help right now, go brush your teeth really well and drink a bunch of water. That seemed to help me some. Good luck!

jiveman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
usa
I've had to use about 30percent flavoring for my juices. Your best bet is to make a small 3ml test juice with high nicotine content flavorless and a bunch of flavor.

Some flavorings take more than others as you probably realize.

Your taste buds are probably fine. Make sure you do a few hits using the dripping method. This will tell you for sure if it's a mechanical issue with the way you're filling your carts.

blackwalk

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2010
Panama City, FL
We bought some flavored juices last week when we got our e-cigs (egos and 510 passthroughs), we are using the blue foam, but I'm going to go back to the poly stuff to see if that helps, anyway, these are all mostly tobacco flavored, but some chocolate and mint flavors too.

Other than a really, super dooper strong flavor that is for testing only, nothing has any flavor to me at all. So we bought some of our own flavors and the DH mixed some Lorann orange cream with some flavorless base and still, nothing, I think he did a 1/3 of a dram in the 10ml bottle. I can smell the orange in the bottle but not in the cig.

Do you suppose that 30 years of smoking has just completely ruined my tastebuds?

Keep in mind that after adding flavor, you need to let the liquid 'rest' for the flavor to come out.

I had some juice where I added unflavored-0mg VG to cut the nic and immediately dripped to make sure I didn't cut it too much. I thought I had ruined it because it tasted so bad. After two weeks I tried it again and it was fine.

kj4lxw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2010
Pinellas, FL
I think everyone goes through phases where none of it tastes much or it all tastes bad. It does get better. I know I started and the juice that worked for me was Deuce 24. I found a bottle in the bottom of my stuff yesterday and decided to see if it's still as good as I remembered. It was really strong and very harsh to me now. I think it was all I could taste when I was first vaping, so it's what I thought was so good.

By the same token, I have some high quality juice I thought was completely tasteless. I put it away. Got it back out yesterday too, and it's really pretty good!

Give yourself some more time. I smoked for thirty years, like you, and it took a couple of weeks before I really noticed tastes changing.

To help right now, go brush your teeth really well and drink a bunch of water. That seemed to help me some. Good luck!

Once again I heed your sage advice:laugh:
I got some juice today and tried it (after my PTincident;)).
One seemed to taste like crap and the other seemed to have no taste at all.
I was seriously thinking about throwing them out as I wouldn't even want to pass this on to anyone else. I think I'll just put them away and wait until another time and try them again.

For me it's the tobacco and cola flavors that please me right now. Got cherry cola and thanks ok too, but the plain cherry is a toss up day to day(to me).

I suppose us beginners try out flavors that we think will work for us, but it's all really trial and error at first.

Upinthehills

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2010
Colorado
It is trial and error. Some of what I thought I'd love just doesn't do it for me. I really hesitated to get Cherry Cola from Tasty Vapor and it's one of my favorites now. I strongly suggest getting juices from the vendors that make their own and aren't just reselling the Chinese stuff. Most all of the chinese stuff I tried tasted perfumey and nasty to me.

If you ever find a good plain cherry, let me know. I've tried a bunch and they either taste like cough syrup or don't taste like cherry at all.

Jynn

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2010
louisville ky

My very first week of vaping, every juice I tried was SUPER flavorful and awesome. my 2nd and 3rd week of vaping, I couldn't get any flavor out of anything.... after those 2 weeks tho, everything is awesome again :)

Thank you for sharing this. I was so excited when I finally got my flavors and I made 5 carts of orange - no taste at all to me. I thought it was a big mistake because I got 10 different flavors that I would never use. But, it has only been 2 weeks of no smoking after 40 years so I think my taste buds need time. I still have lots of tobacco to use, I will try flavors every few days to see if there is a difference.

kellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2009
Binghamton, NY
I started vaping again in june and got my riva July 6 I have pretty much just vape now. I do still have a analog or two a week and the past week or so I can't really taste my juice right now. I mix my own so I know what it suppose to taste like. I'm sure it will pass in a week or two. I think I keep screwing up my taste buds by having a analog occas. Kinda sucks though I need to mix juice today my mixes are almost gone :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread