"Sometimes it is too much"

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldBatty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
North Georgia USA
Helping my 78 year old my father in law quit. Set him up with an Aspire K1 BVC Glassomizer, Vision Spinner 1300 and Regular USA Mix tobacco Flavor juice 50/50 PG/VG 24 mg nicotine. A never smoked relative had previously set him up with Blu's from Walmart. Those state "13 / 16 mg" on the package and he was not at all satisfied with them. Did I go too far the other way with 24 mg? Rush out to the B&M vape shop and get something weaker?

He has only used a 1/4 tank of liquid in one week and continues with analogs as well. He has nothing to compare to so can not define exactly what the problem is.

rurwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Leicester, UK
It's not just the mg/ml contant of the liquid that matters, it's also how much vapour the kit puts out. I've not tried Blu myself, but my impression is that it doesn't put out much vapour. If the Aspire is putting out twice as much vapour he isn't getting twice as much nicotine; he's getting four times as much. I'd say it was worth trying him with 18 or even 16mg/ml.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
As already said, the type of hardware is totally related to the efficiency of the Nicotine delivery. 24mg in a Variable Voltage kit could easily be multiple times more Nicotine than a Blu.

...people keep saying "we don't know how much nicotine users get" - but actually although we don't know the YIELD, we do know the OUTPUT of various devices, because they have been TESTED. (ECTA Canada 2013)

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
Hey - at least he's trying them, and that's a positive! Don't fret too much about his still using analogs - he's probably at least cutting down because of the time he's vaping. Every analog you don't smoke is a victory!

Good for you for helping him out! Let us know how it goes, and we can make more suggestions if needed.

Joey Blue

Dec 31, 2014
Philadelphia, PA, USA
I just started vaping a week ago Tuesday 23 Dec. 2014 . I smoke ultra lights. I immediately decreased my smoking by 50%. I am very ignorant about this. My juice is 12 mg 50%VG 50%PG. I thought it might be to high nicotine count, but it seems to be working for me. I usually had smoked 17 or 18 a day, but yesterday I only smoked 2 after a week of vaping. I have a eGo-T . BTW, I have smoked for a little over 40 years.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Good for you!

I would get another bottle of the same flavor at 18mg nic. Basically, mix the two bottle together and you have 21mg. Give that to him for a day. It that doesn't do it, get a bottle of 12mg and mix the 21 and 12 for a 16ish. Just shake well. Use the eye-dropper to fill. I rinsed out a large pill bottle for the combination mix.

It is tinkering.

Oh, maybe get him another Aspire tank for the top (same kind) and fill it with a different flavor, maybe only 1ml full. That way he will have two flavors to grab from. If you know anyone else that vapes, ask to borrow juices so your FIL can try new flavors. Maybe have that vaper visit. Most enjoy helping others.

Happyme2014

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Toronto, Canada
I tell you what happened to me.... When I quit.... Smoked one pack ,of cloves a day for 20 years...sometimes 2 packs..... So very high in nic... My first ejuice I bought was in 18mg... Never quit the cigs, never finished that bottle.... Next bottle was 12 mg... Along with several other flavours in 8 -12mg.... Reduced my cigs drastically down to about 5-10 a day.... Hardware was simple. Then I bought better hardware, VW, and probably 10 bottles ranging up to 12 nic, oh, and I realized I wasn't getting along with too much pg....wasted all those bottles and bought new juices, making sure they were high VG..... And this was the phase when I started using the vape as a pacifier and I quit smoking . Nowadays I vape 0, 3, 6 mg ... I buy it in 6 mg only when I cannot find a flavour I want in 3mg....
Conclusion : lower nic, many choices of flavours to entertain myself , good quality hardware and juice, this is was helped me quit.... And I was a heavy smoker.

Last edited:

OldBatty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
North Georgia USA
Good for you for helping out your father-in-law! I'm just a bit younger than him and I made the switch pretty quickly. You'll find his comfort spot. And oh what fun when discovers his vape can taste like fruit, or fresh mint, or banana cream pie!

Soon as he gets completely off analogs will introduce him to some other flavors. May have to wait on his taste to return before he can appreciate them. When my wife and I quit it was months before mine came back. Remember asking "when did you start adding so much salt?"

OldBatty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
North Georgia USA
Good for you!

I would get another bottle of the same flavor at 18mg nic. Basically, mix the two bottle together and you have 21mg. Give that to him for a day. It that doesn't do it, get a bottle of 12mg and mix the 21 and 12 for a 16ish. Just shake well. Use the eye-dropper to fill. I rinsed out a large pill bottle for the combination mix.

It is tinkering.

Oh, maybe get him another Aspire tank for the top (same kind) and fill it with a different flavor, maybe only 1ml full. That way he will have two flavors to grab from. If you know anyone else that vapes, ask to borrow juices so your FIL can try new flavors. Maybe have that vaper visit. Most enjoy helping others.

Already plan to buy more in a lower nicotine and mix once we find his comfort level and favorite flavors. He has nine more to try from the online store plus the one we picked up locally this morning. Have a brand new but barely functioning Kanger T3'D which I am going to attempt to repair. If I fail and it still works a little it might be good for him to test the remaining 24mg flavors.

OldBatty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
North Georgia USA
Get him sample packs of different flavors and nic strength. How many cigarettes has he cut down? That's what you should concentrate on and give him kudos for it.

He may be afraid to run out of the juice and is pacing himself. Good luck to both of you.

He was at about one pack a day of full strength and I'm not sure he has cut back any. But only vaped 1/4 of a tank in six days. Think his biggest problem is me picking too strong of juice. Should know in a few hours if were moving in the right direction!

OldBatty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
North Georgia USA
Update: Father in law just finished a 10ml bottle of 18mg juice in just about exactly two weeks. Still smoking analogs:( but has cut back a bunch!:) Heard we were running errands today so asked us to pick him up another bottle of 18mg and a bottle of 12mg. (His idea!) Also ordered from an online vender two flavors that are supposed to simulate the brands he smokes. Tall Paul and US Red which may give away which Vender to the informed:p

Hoping he will lose his taste for the real ones and have a 'Something weird just happened' moment like that guy in the other thread. Also researching WTA as a last resort if he continues to crave analogs.

Rucerius

Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Jupiter, Fl
Update: Father in law just finished a 10ml bottle of 18mg juice in just about exactly two weeks. Still smoking analogs:( but has cut back a bunch!:) Heard we were running errands today so asked us to pick him up another bottle of 18mg and a bottle of 12mg. (His idea!) Also ordered from an online vender two flavors that are supposed to simulate the brands he smokes. Tall Paul and US Red which may give away which Vender to the informed:p

Hoping he will lose his taste for the real ones and have a 'Something weird just happened' moment like that guy in the other thread. Also researching WTA as a last resort if he continues to crave analogs.
The fact he cut back a bunch on the analogs is in itself a victory. Give it some time and before you know it he won't want another analog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread