Not open for further replies.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
My Vamo v2 should arrive this afternoon or tomorrow. YAY!

I am a relatively new vaper and this Vamo is my upgrade from my ego-C batteries. It seemed to be good bang for the buck and I really wanted VW after doing some homework.

I am completely confused on batteries. I know I want to use the single 18650 option but I have zero idea which 18650's to get. I picked up 2 of these 18650 IMR 2000mAh Flat Top High-drain Li-ion 3.7V (2 pack) | Batteries and Chargers | iVAPE just because they were there ont he page with the vamo. :p But this whole protected/ not protected, flat top vs not etc thing has me baffled. I will need to pick up a couple more batteries can someone point me to the right thing please? I need super reliable since one of the functions will be to precharge multiple batteries before a hurricane in the hopes of lasting 3-4 days without power.

ALso what can go on it? I pretty much use CE5's and my Kanger protank. I am fair certain the kanger will go on it but will smaller things like carto's or my CE5 work in a pinch?

ANy other tips or tricks I need to know getting started with this beast?

nahoku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
Welcome to Vamo world! I hope you enjoy using your new toy!

The Vamo is actually very decent for the price, but it's not without it's share of problems. Personally, I own three of them. Since I change delivery devices a lot so I can vape different flavors, I ended up stripping the threads on my very first Vamo. It was so badly stripped that I couldn't attach anything at all. Personally, I believe the Vamo connector is it's worse enemy.

I then bought the other two and have since used 510 ego adapters on them. They look quite terrible IMO, but since I mostly use them at home, it didn't matter to me. However, I have since replaced the 510 ego's with the Tank Airflow Controller from Madvapes. The air flow adapters look so much better than what I used previously and they do what I want... saves the Vamo threads. I used to take the 510 ego adapters off when I left home with my Vamo, but now, I don't need to worry about it since the Vamo doesn't look half bad with the air flow adapters.

View attachment 203070

The photo shows a 2.5ml tank and a homemade dripper sitting on the air flow adapter. The adapter itself is 19.61mm in diameter and yes, this will only work with 510 connector devices, so ego types won't work with this.

If you're going to be changing delivery devices a lot on your Vamo, I HIGHLY recommend using some kind of adapter when using your Vamo at home. Also, I recommended that you attach any adapter you use onto the Vamo first before attaching your delivery device.

As for batteries, AWs are highly recommended by many. RTDVapor is also a highly recommended vendor for genuine AW batteries.

Last edited:

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
As far as batteries go the ones you bought look like generics unprotected and they should work, however the Panasonics CGR18650CH are one of the better brand batteries and can be found here or elsewhere at about the same price. Orbtronic - Panasonic CGR18650CH With Top Button, 2250mAh IMR High Drain 18650 Battery Cell-Made in Japan Do not use protected batteries in the Vamo, only unprotected IMRs or the Panasonics.

You should be able to use almost any device on the Vamo. Start by reading the manual which you can download from the top of the Vamo forum page. You need to understand how to use the buttons and this can be confusing at first. First make sure the batteries are charged. When first inserted the Vamo will blink twice. You then need to press the fire button five or six or seven times quickly to turn it on. It will say ON. If you then press either of the small buttons, it will show either a number with a small v or a small w. If it says for example 3.0 v then it is in VV mode at 3.0 volts. This is a good starting point to begin vaping. Press the right button one time for each 1/10th volt increase until you get a nice vape. If it is too strong, press the left button one time for each 1/10th decrease in voltage. The manual will tell you how to get into and out of VV and VW as well as test battery strength and Ohms of the device installed on the Vamo.

Best of Luck
Wabbit

Relaxed5311

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2013
Des Moines, IA, USA
The vamo can use or i should say fire anything with a 510 connection. Personally I have used a kanger protank, a bunch of ce4's, a bunch of iclear 16's, regular 510 cartomizers, a 510 atomizer/tank setup, carto tanks, a 510 cisco 306 style drip tip. Some go fit a bit loose, I just tighten things down until they will fire, i do not tighten them all the way.

As for batteries, I picked up some shorty mode batteries from a thread here on the forums.

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
ok guys you confused me again is AW a specification or a brand? Are you both suggesting the same TYPE of battery just different brands or are they 2 completely different things?

AW is a brand of battery "As in AW-IMR-18650. IMR I think is an independent testing lab certification. The Panasonic CGR18650CH is a hybrid type Lithium Ion Battery which comes in unprotected and protected. As I said before, the Vamo takes an unprotected because it has a protection circuit on the circuit board.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
The batteries you posted will work fine.. but they are on the iffy side as far as being reliable. The batteries (and place) White Rabbit suggested are what I suggest for the VAMO (and use also)

AW is a brand. Like Panasonic, it to is normally suggested.

Have 2 vamos in this house and wife and I highly enjoy them!

alcarl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Niagara Falls, NY
Welcome to Vamo world! I hope you enjoy using your new toy!

The Vamo is actually very decent for the price, but it's not without it's share of problems. Personally, I own three of them. Since I change delivery devices a lot so I can vape different flavors, I ended up stripping the threads on my very first Vamo. It was so badly stripped that I couldn't attach anything at all. Personally, I believe the Vamo connector is it's worse enemy.

I then bought the other two and have since used 510 ego adapters on them. They look quite terrible IMO, but since I mostly use them at home, it didn't matter to me. However, I have since replaced the 510 ego's with the Tank Airflow Controller from Madvapes. The air flow adapters look so much better than what I used previously and they do what I want... saves the Vamo threads. I used to take the 510 ego adapters off when I left home with my Vamo, but now, I don't need to worry about it since the Vamo doesn't look half bad with the air flow adapters.

View attachment 203070

The photo shows a 2.5ml tank and a homemade dripper sitting on the air flow adapter. The adapter itself is 19.61mm in diameter and yes, this will only work with 510 connector devices, so ego types won't work with this.

If you're going to be changing delivery devices a lot on your Vamo, I HIGHLY recommend using some kind of adapter when using your Vamo at home. Also, I recommended that you attach any adapter you use onto the Vamo first before attaching your delivery device.

As for batteries, AWs are highly recommended by many. RTDVapor is also a highly recommended vendor for genuine AW batteries.

Thanks for taking the time to share this information. Makes a whole lot of sense and my soon to be here vamo and I will benefit from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread