Vamo with protank fails to fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

cymric

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
Vancouver Canada
I'm not exactly sure what to interject here, but using an adapter, whether 510-ego, 510-510, tank airflow (which I use), etc, will not stop you from damaging the vamo center pin gasket. The center pin of the adapters slide and move, so if you tighten down on the adapter with your device, you basically tighten down on the vamo center pin. Lesson... don't over-tighten. Personally I don't use my airflow adapter for anything other than saving wear on the vamo threads.

Thank you. The part of the Protank which screws into the Vamo is visibly longer than that part on other clearomizers and hopefully may also be longer than that part in 510/510 adapters. I do note that some vapers have had similar difficulties with 510/ego adapters which may be due to either overtightening or length of that part.

nahoku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
Well, if the plastic washer/spacer doesn't work for you, you might consider the Tank Airflow Adapter. I know you already know about it. Like most adapters in the ecig world, it can be disassembled/modded to your liking. If you dedicated one just for use with the Kanger, you could mod the adapter center pin to take care of the longer Kanger 510 post. All you have to do is pull the center pin on the adapter and file/sand it down. Don't take off too much. Just file, test fit, file, test fit as you go. Here you can see a comparison of two adapter pins... one of which I cut down in size to be used on a Vamo and a specific tank system I use. Being shorter puts a lot less stress on the Vamo center pin to the point I don't even have to worry about it.

View attachment 207531

Note that the adapter will add some top weight to the Vamo, but not uncomfortably so IMO. It actually sort of balances the bottom out for me... again IMO. Weight is about 14 grams and the diameter is 19.63mm. Unfortunately I don't know what the diameter of the Kanger is so I don't know if it'll look good!

I actually own five of these adapters and have them on everything except my ego type batteries. I'm a huge fan of them!

cymric

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
Vancouver Canada
Well, if the plastic washer/spacer doesn't work for you, you might consider the Tank Airflow Adapter. I know you already know about it. Like most adapters in the ecig world, it can be disassembled/modded to your liking. If you dedicated one just for use with the Kanger, you could mod the adapter center pin to take care of the longer Kanger 510 post. All you have to do is pull the center pin on the adapter and file/sand it down. Don't take off too much. Just file, test fit, file, test fit as you go. Here you can see a comparison of two adapter pins... one of which I cut down in size to be used on a Vamo and a specific tank system I use. Being shorter puts a lot less stress on the Vamo center pin to the point I don't even have to worry about it.

View attachment 207531

Note that the adapter will add some top weight to the Vamo, but not uncomfortably so IMO. It actually sort of balances the bottom out for me... again IMO. Weight is about 14 grams and the diameter is 19.63mm. Unfortunately I don't know what the diameter of the Kanger is so I don't know if it'll look good!

I actually own five of these adapters and have them on everything except my ego type batteries. I'm a huge fan of them!

Thank you for your post - both for the time you took to post and the clarity of the post (with photos). The tank airflow adapter looks like the best long term solution, especially because of its shallow depth and the ease of reducing the length of the adapter pin. I have located these adapters at an American vendor and if I cannot persuade one of the Canadian vendors to import them, that is where I will purchase them.

Much appreciated.

nahoku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
Thank you for your post - both for the time you took to post and the clarity of the post (with photos). The tank airflow adapter looks like the best long term solution, especially because of its shallow depth and the ease of reducing the length of the adapter pin. I have located these adapters at an American vendor and if I cannot persuade one of the Canadian vendors to import them, that is where I will purchase them.

Much appreciated.

You're welcome! I hope your Canadian vendors can get them for you. By the way, I got mine from Madvapes although I have seen them elsewhere too.

Here's what they look like on the Vamo with a tank and a dripper.

View attachment 207714

cymric

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
Vancouver Canada
You're welcome! I hope your Canadian vendors can get them for you. By the way, I got mine from Madvapes although I have seen them elsewhere too.

Here's what they look like on the Vamo with a tank and a dripper.

View attachment 207714

Thank you again. I think the adapters look good on a Vamo!

cymric

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
Vancouver Canada

Krism

Verified Member
Mar 28, 2013
SF Bay Area
Saw a couple of possible solutions in the Kanger Protank thread which I will try. The problem the solutions addressed was the airy vape (which I like) and all solutions related to that problem..

First: someone suggested using the beauty ring. I will try this.

Second: Someone else suggested using a Tank Airflow Controller Tank Airflow Controller. This might raise the centre column of the Protak a little. I will consider trying this if nothing else works.

Third: Someone suggested placing a piece of plastic (or cardboard) with a hole in the center on the bottom of the tank before screwing on your device. This might raise the centre column of the Protank a little. I will try this.

View attachment 202306

I am not NOT inclined to give up on this problem

Mine was doing the same thing and I noticed that it only happens when you tighten down the base to the tank section to much. To properly seal it does not have to be torqued. What I do is tighten all the way then slowly a 1/4 turn at a time I loosen and try to fire until it does. This has worked every time for me and no leaks. Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread