Source for 510 -> 901 adapter? (and question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

scatterbrain

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2009
Can any one recommend a source for a 510 to 901 adapter?

I’ve been using a SB with 901 attys for a couple of years (love it) and recently contacted altsmoke to get a replacement adapter. They replied saying they weren’t selling them because they've found one of the leading causes of an electrical short in mods is using an adapter.

What is the result of an electrical short? Is it blowing attys? Because that’s why I was hoping to replace mine, but wasn’t certain the adapter was the cause. I have 2 SBs, attys from 3 different suppliers, and the adapter is the only common denominator. Several attys have died on the 2nd drag, others last a day and occasionally much longer.

I still want a new adapter to use up my 901s, and then MAYBE I'll finally switch to 510s, but am interested in hearing others’ observations.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA

evilferret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Flushing NY
Thx spaceballs, just ordered one from Hoosiers. Also still interested in hearing if others have comments on adapters...
I usually pick up one from whichever vendor I need stuff from occasionally. Last one I got was from madvapes. They all seem to be the same quality. Haven't found one thats the Roll Royce of adapters yet. Only difference are the closed and open ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread