Spectrum Kaos loose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack H

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2014
Kunming, China
The screws weren't the issue on mine. I ended up putting down a layer of Super Glue on along the top edges and it's held up well so far.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I have since got mine apart and figured it all out. They did not do such a good job on the build of this thing after all which is the cause of mine/your problem.
essentially the outer shell (metal) has nothing to do with the 510 top plate. The top plate is held in place by being screwed down into a thin plastic shell inside that also houses the pcb. The main outer shell does nothing to secure the top plate. This is a VERY weak design only using a very light piece of plastic to secure the weight of your atty. So the first time you knock it over, that plastic is cracked and the top is "loose".
In my case the impact did crack the plastic around the screw threads so my screws appeared loose. In your case the plastic is cracked elsewhere so your screws appear tight while your top is still loose. So right now be aware that only your superglue is keeping your atty /top plate from ripping off the mod.

I did fix mine by removing the top plate and used marine epoxy putty material to build a wall all around this thin plastic sleeve, essentially making a new mount plate inside of resin. Then I drilled 4 new screw holes in the resin and screwed the top on. Now my mod is strong and has some meat under the top plate to support the atty securely.

I would advise you that glue will not solve your problem permanently. Prepare for bads things ahead unless you go the route I took to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread