Status
Not open for further replies.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Anyone use mesh or have used mesh as a wick in their spheroid.. I want to try it, being that I never tried a genny before.. Heard that some people have done it with success.. Does anyone have any tips or anything to help me get started.. like what kind of mesh and some tips on how to set it up?

regards

Hi buddy!

Take a look here, here and there is another setup by Qorax which I can't find at the moment.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Thanks for the links, but i don't see anything there.. I see one guy putting in mesh instead of fluff.. but i dont' see any mesh wicks

The first link has a small video with a mesh wick above the picture with the mesh:

The second link is about using mesh instead of the fluff as you said.

And here is a pictorial by Qorax with a mesh build:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ps-tricks-updates-thread-14.html#post15406440

Another setup by Idaholandho:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...icial-thread-gp-spheroid-34.html#post13797423

We have a Spheroid dedicated thread where vapers have discussed their experiences with mesh:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...vapourart-official-thread-gp-spheroid-35.html

If you haven't tried a mesh build before, its fun but more complicated than a silica while the easiest is with micro coil and cotton. If you upgrade the thumb nuts to Philips screws, with the GP Spheroid Replacement Kit v2.5 you set up every build faster and secure the wires better especially when you have thicker ones like the cotton builds with micro coils.

Last edited:

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
Thanks for the links man. I find the cotton build tricky.. I guess i suck with rbas lol. Cotton pisses me off.. it always has a cotton taste unless you get it PERFECT.. I found keeping one end a little upwards and one end down seems to work better.. when i bend the cotton up it ends up twisting tot he center and doesn't wick well.

i still want to try mesh tho.. Thanks for the links.. Wish someone would have made a video .. Videos are always easier to follow for me.

regards

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Thanks for the links man. I find the cotton build tricky.. I guess i suck with rbas lol. Cotton pisses me off.. it always has a cotton taste unless you get it PERFECT.. I found keeping one end a little upwards and one end down seems to work better.. when i bend the cotton up it ends up twisting tot he center and doesn't wick well.

i still want to try mesh tho.. Thanks for the links.. Wish someone would have made a video .. Videos are always easier to follow for me.

regards

The cotton builds are a piece of cake, very fast can be made, believe me. I was hesitant too in the beginning, but after 2-3 failures, I became an expert :)

You can make a micro coil build with a toothpick, a small screwdriver, a thin chopstick, a thick nail, whatever comes around, using a 28 or 32 gauge wire for a coil of 6-8 turns, it's fun. Keep the cotton tails short, I repeat short, at most to the diameter of the Spheroid or a bit more. Let them standing upwards like a proud small moustache, but keep them short, the room is tiny, you do't want overflow or block the bell's opening. After a dozen of inhales the cotton taste goes away. Just try it and you'll find it pretty convenient. You can keep the same micro coil for months, just a dry burn and change the cotton every 2 days. There are reasons that most people prefer cotton builds instead of mesh: easiness of build and repeatability of the same results. But play with mesh if you wish and maybe you find that this is best media for you.

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
yeah that is good advice.. if they are too long they like twist up and stuff... How high up do you have your cotton bent? I think keeping it a little shorter than the diameter seems to work better for me.. Im just not a big fan of cotton i can always taste cotton the majority of the times. I like the ceramic wick in my nautilus mini

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
yeah that is good advice.. if they are too long they like twist up and stuff... How high up do you have your cotton bent? I think keeping it a little shorter than the diameter seems to work better for me.. Im just not a big fan of cotton i can always taste cotton the majority of the times. I like the ceramic wick in my nautilus mini

I keep it equal with the diameter of the spheroid, the trick is to have a thick strip of cotton, twisted in order to pass thru the coil, but not to thick, because it will stick or move or break the coil. After 5-10 draws the KGD looses its taste. But if you've found the ceramic wick to be better for you, keep using it

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
I just tried it with mesh.. stuck in a piece of 400 mesh and rolled one end up to meet the fluff. When i just top off the tank it is awesome.. great clean flavor.. no dry hits, but as i vape.. it starting having trouble catching up.. I just need a little tweeking and it would be a great vape.. Im not sure where to tweak.. if its something with the way I have the fluff.. or maybe using a different number mesh.. or having two ends go up to meet the fluff instead of one.. I def want to experiment because mesh taste really good in the spheroid.. I had an ihybrid pure and i couldn't set that thing up worth ......

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
I just tried it with mesh.. stuck in a piece of 400 mesh and rolled one end up to meet the fluff. When i just top off the tank it is awesome.. great clean flavor.. no dry hits, but as i vape.. it starting having trouble catching up.. I just need a little tweeking and it would be a great vape.. Im not sure where to tweak.. if its something with the way I have the fluff.. or maybe using a different number mesh.. or having two ends go up to meet the fluff instead of one.. I def want to experiment because mesh taste really good in the spheroid.. I had an ihybrid pure and i couldn't set that thing up worth ......

Make a loop wick for better absorption if you get dry hits and lessen the density of your fluff, lay it evenly with the fork and make sure is touching the inner walls.

For fluff dimensions and placement, take a look below:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ps-tricks-updates-thread-12.html#post13541319

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...tips-tricks-updates-thread-4.html#post9931299

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ips-tricks-updates-thread-5.html#post10506024

And a lot of pictorials with all kinds of builds:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...notifications-tips-tricks-updates-thread.html

Keep the interior of the base clean to maintain a good airflow.

Last edited:

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
yeah the fluff seems to be a tricky thing for me.. it seems it vapes great when the tank is maxed full.. but as i vape Its hard to vape the fluff dry.. Even with cotton it starts losing steam.. I am using the GP fluff.. How long do you recommend cutting the fluff.

Around 4,5 mm it works fine for most liquids. Fill with your juice till the surface is slightly saturated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread