Spirit of Hanukkah Give-Away...

Status
Not open for further replies.
For our Jewish friends around the world we here at FSUSA wish you all a Happy Hanukkah! With Hanukkah starting at sundown tonight we will give-away 1 present each night to one lucky poster in this thread. Each day we will pick one winner who will receive a 60ml bottle of their favorite juice for free, along with free shipping care of FSUSA.
This Hanukkah Special is open to all around the world. So, post your thoughts, your well wishes or whatever you wish to say about Hanukkah and Pam and I, and the crew will pick a winner each night starting tonight at 8pm our time to be the recipient of a freebie bottle of juice to enjoy the Holidays With.
Folks can enter daily with new posts so we will keep this thread running for the 8 Days Of Hanukkah FSUSA Spectacular.
Happy Hanukkah from our family to yours everywhere :)
David & Pam

Norry

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Hanging out in CA for now
Since I know very little about Hannukah I decided to use this opportunity to learn something new and my daily posts will share that with y'all. Happy Hannukah to all.

Hanukkah (Hebrew: חֲנֻכָּה‎, Tiberian: Ḥănukkāh, usually spelled חנוכה pronounced [χanuˈka] in Modern Hebrew, also romanized as Chanukah, Chanukkah, or Chanuka), also known as the Festival of Lights, is an eight-day Jewish holiday commemorating the rededication of the Holy Temple (the Second Temple) in Jerusalem at the time of the Maccabean Revolt of the 2nd century BCE. Hanukkah is observed for eight nights and days, starting on the 25th day of Kislev according to the Hebrew calendar, which may occur at any time from late November to late December in the Gregorian calendar.

The festival is observed by the kindling of the lights of a unique candelabrum, the nine-branched Menorah or Hanukiah, one additional light on each night of the holiday, progressing to eight on the final night. The typical Menorah consists of eight branches with an additional raised branch. The extra light is called a shamash (Hebrew: שמש, "attendant" or "sexton")[1] and is given a distinct location, usually above or below the rest. The purpose of the shamash is to have a light available for use, as using the Hanukkah lights themselves is forbidden.[

rahn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
Tucson, AZ
To all our Jewish friends and their families and friends...

Hanukkah Sameakh!

hannukah-mandala.jpg

AzIrish

Moved On
Nov 23, 2011
Tucson
Hanukkah has been something I knew nothing about growing up in Pentecostal Christian house hold. Four years ago my family was invited to Hanukkah party because my youngest son's best friends is Jewish. As you could probably image i was very nervous as I knew nothing about what this holiday was about. Me, my wife and two son's had such a great time as they read stories, played the dreidel, the music and the great food. Hmm love latkes, applesauce and fritters. The best part it is great family holiday and we now look forward to it every year. Infact I will be cooking the homemade latkes this year for the party. Happy Hanukkah to all and always keep an open mind to every religion. Our family has truly embraced this holiday and would not be the same without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread