SS Choice No. 7 compatible batteries ? or switch to dif model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katfishlake

Aug 9, 2009
USA
Does anyone know what generic model the SS Choice No7 is? I am looking for batteries that are not so expensive.

"1 - 3.6V Rechargeable Lithium batteries for the SS Choice No. 7 Micro E-Cigarettes. Each battery typically last between 200-300 charges and decrease over time. If you smoke 1 pack a day, you should expect to use 3-4 batteries per year." ecigarettechoice.com

They are lasting no time and at $18 a pop I can't keep on buying them. I
have gone through 5 in no time. (AUG) The customer service is great and they did replace a few, but I can't see this as justifiable for long term. The other option would be to start over with new kit and model. Any suggestions?

I just bought the SS Choice No7. Been vaping on it for a week now. I am already noticing some drop in time duration with the batteries. I am charging two to three times a day. Nice thing is, they do charge back up quick, but again it has only been a week. I ordered a new battery from the same supplier. When I first ordered it, I got a bad charger. I sent back the whole unit and they replaced in within a couple of days. So I will agree, the customer service is excellent. Not to mention, when I called, I spoke to a real live human being!! :thumb:

I have been doing some research on the web. What I have found is that the SS Choice "appears" to be a DSE 103 compatible. DO NOT QUOTE ME ON THIS. To solve my potential "same boat" issues that you are having, I was looking for a USB passthrough that is compatible with the SS Choice 7. No such luck, but in my reseach, I am finding that it has an uncanny resemblence to the DSE 103's or RN4081's. SO . . . I ordered a USB passthrough and two atomizers. I just ordered tonight and found a US distributor -- esmokerschoice<.>com (sorry can't post hyperlinks yet, haven't been a member long enough).

I ordered the two atomizers, just in case the passthrough is not compatible with my SS Choice attys. Hopefully it will be. Hopefully also the carts will work as well.

When I get it in, I will test it out and let you know. USB passthroughs have gotten rave ratings. I drive alot in my job, so I have a USB adapter in my car for stuff, so a USB passthrough keeps me vaping, with out battery issues. It also allows you to save your battery life. Only problem is mobility. Regardless, IF the 103's work, other regular batteries would as well.

I will let you know how it plays out! :D

I got the 103 USB PT and here is the rub. First off, it works great. I love this style of atomizer, because I almost exclusively drip (or dip) now. The exposed arch on this style makes it easy to just dip into a little cup of juice. I use little paint pots with flip lids for my juice. Works like an old fashions pen. Just dip, cap and vape. The SS Choice works the same way.

Now let's talk compatibility. The 103 and the SS Choice No 7. The SS choice atomizers do work with the 103 USB passthough. They are a little loose when they screw in to the passthough, but they tighten down and vape great. Which is good because I like the SS Choice attys for dipping. They hold a little more juice than the 103 attys. The SS choice attys however have a harder draw than the 103's. Vapor production is about the same. Both are really good (This has a lot to do with juice).

The 103 attys will not fit the batteries for the SS Choice. Remember how I said the SS Choice atty was a little loose going on to the 103 Passthough, well the opposite occurs doing it the other way around. The 103 won't even begin to screw in, it's just a little bigger. That being said, the SS choice attys do work with the 103 passthough. A little loose going on, but they do tighten and lock down on the Passthough. All in all a good experiment.

One final note, the carts for the SS Choice will fit the 103 attys, with a little work. They are tight. I found that if you roll the cart piece with your fingers really hard, it stretches it out some. It's still tight, but works great. The arch of the 103 atty is a little more pronounced and gets into the cart fiber better than the SS choice atty as well.

That it for now, hope it was helpful!!! :D

redraven

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Texas, USA
Greetings all (and Merry Christmas)-

Recently started vaping with SS Choice No. 7 disposables from ecigaretteschoice.com. I was pleased with them & ordered a kit. I am still pleased with them & the company, but now I'm seeing their prices are quite high.

I need spare attys & batteries & see that I can get them at low cost from somewhere like Heaven Gifts. However, I'm confused about compatibility. I've found compatible cartridges , but I'm unclear on hardware.

If the SSC No. 7 can use another type of cartridge does that also mean it can use attys & batteries for that model?

For example - ecigaretteschoice website says Gamucci & Njoy Npro cartridges will work. I've also gotten some from Johnson Creek that work (those are compatible with any DSE103).

So does that mean I could also use attys & batteries that work with the Njoy Npro or compatible? (DSE103/RN4081). Or are cartridges a separate issue from hardware?

Been reading through here & am finding conflicting answers in threads regarding the SSC No. 7.

"This model is entirely compatible with the NPro and SmokingEverywhere 3.0, both of which are RN4081 rebrands. This is one as well, it's confirmed."

"The 103 attys will not fit the batteries for the SS Choice"

(I'm hesitant to call the company & ask "Whats the model number so I can buy parts cheaper elsewhere?" :p)

So.... does anyone actually know for sure if anything is compatible with the SS Choice No. 7?

If it turns out to be incompatible with everything, is there any reason I can't build my own "kit?" The DSE103/RN4081 sounds similar to the SSC No. 7. So could I just order some RN4081 batteries & attys & a charger & be set?

Oh, also, does a recessed bridge vs. an exposed one make any difference? And I'm also unclear on voltages & mAh. Don't want to make anything explode, so I want to make sure everything matches up.

Thanks for any help - Sorry for the long post, but I've been reading for hours & still unsure! - RR

Last edited:

redraven

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Texas, USA
Hi all-
Hope everyone had good holidays.

Excuse the bump... Think my question got lost during Christmastime.

Just still looking for an answer regarding SS Choice No. 7 micro compatibility. (DSE103/RN4081 or not). I'm probably just going to look for something else with more easily available & affordable hardware... (And I want a black e-cig anyway)... but am still curious & might need some spare parts while I'm figuring out what I want next. Just wondering if anyone knows for sure.

Thanks - RR

maplesugar10

Sep 3, 2010
Missouri
I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd answer the question in case anyone else wants to know if the the SS Choice No. 7 Micro battery (ecigarettechoice.com) is compatible with RN4081 or DSE103 replacement parts. It's not. RN4081 or DSE103 threads are too large to screw into the battery. I bought an RN4081 battery to 510 atomizer adapter because the SS Choice cartridges are too tiny for the atomizer, but it won't fit. I have yet to find any replacement parts for the SS Choice No. 7 Micro other than at ecigarettechoice.com, so I won't be replacing parts as they die off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread