SS GGTS question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BmoreJeff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Ok I have an odd question about the older GGTS's. I have what I believe to be a ss GGTS #599. It has an old logo with the small wings next to the button and "the gg" right next to the wings close to the telescope. I'm 99% sure it's ss because it has a high polished finish. Now that I have 3 total GGTS's my old lady is giving me crap for owning too much. She saw the last invoice from a week ago and started to yell that I was spending way too much on something I already had. So she said she wants me to sell one(ha, not a fat chance). But it got me thinking which one i would sell. Arethe older sub 1000 # gg's more "collectible" or more valuable? The other 2 I have are in the #5000's with the newest engravings and they are nice!!! But I really like my #599 too with its brass vent cap, brass telescope, and all brass contacts. So I told my old lady if I were to sell one of my gg's she would have to sell one of her over priced purses. Didn't hear anything else from her on the subject.

Last edited:

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
Probably depends on the buyer and what they're looking for. I don't know that the SS ones would have that much of a premium value, except maybe the very low serial numbers. The Aluminum and Nickel may have a higher value, especially the lower numbers.

There is someone from SG in the WTB's that's looking for a small winged GG, you could see what they're offering if you're so inclined. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/wanted/427982-sg-wtb-ss-ggts-small-engraved-wing.html

BmoreJeff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Yeah I appreciate the input. I saw that some people were looking for low numbered GGTS but I guess they want the nickel or alum versions not the ss. It has a personal value to me as being my first gg item so I will always hold on to it, i was just curious why people went after the low numbered gg's. i know 599 is not that low. Maybe one day I could convince imeo to engrave it for me with my name or something, give it that personal touch

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
The first 300 SS GGTS had silver engravings, in July of 2011 they were elegant gold engravings. In spring of 2012 he went to the deeper laser black engravings, resulting in a more industrial look.

IMO - I would always choose the 2011 SS GGTS with the gold engravings and some were a to my friend edition.

If you had a nickle or alum you would know right away - they are MUCH lighter than SS - Nickel was the most shiniest of all GGTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread