Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I've been TC meshing since the VV Mesh RDA. I also use a Themis Mesh regularly. I bought a spool of VV SS Mesh and have only used it but no issues running on my Yihi chips. No reason to believe other SS mesh on other capable mods wouldn't work either.
This fits with logic. The shape of the steel should have no effect

VapNMirrors

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2015
currently, Earth
Yup, TCR is a measure of a property of the material itself not it's shape or size. The property is the change of resistivity with respect to temperature. If the mod can read resistances accurately (good atty, 510, connections) then it'll work just fine, no different than a "regular SS coil" at least.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
This fits with logic. The shape of the steel should have no effect

I was thinking along the lines of claptons. I've had those do fine in TC, I've had them be squirrely on the same deck style.
I also didn't know what Ω the mesh came out to, but I figured TC had to be in mind since VV sells it in TC materials, just wanted to make sure.

Reactions: stols001

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I was thinking along the lines of claptons. I've had those do fine in TC, I've had them be squirrely on the same deck style.
I also didn't know what Ω the mesh came out to, but I figured TC had to be in mind since VV sells it in TC materials, just wanted to make sure.
My Themis with ss mesh ohms out at .15, I use it in power mod. I tried it for a second in tc and it wasn’t working right. To be fair I didn’t make any attempt to troubleshoot. It could have been a simple fix, I don’t know, cause I just switched to power mode. I’m a big fan of the Themis mesh, it gives great flavor and I love how easy it is to build. The only issue is you need to trim the tails significantly. Coming from a bottom airflow it was a big difference. Tails this thin would leak on a bottom airflow RTA but with the Themis it’s needed to provide lots of juice to the mesh. Hope that helps and best of luck to you.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
My Themis with ss mesh ohms out at .15, I use it in power mod. I tried it for a second in tc and it wasn’t working right. To be fair I didn’t make any attempt to troubleshoot. It could have been a simple fix, I don’t know, cause I just switched to power mode. I’m a big fan of the Themis mesh, it gives great flavor and I love how easy it is to build. The only issue is you need to trim the tails significantly. Coming from a bottom airflow it was a big difference. Tails this thin would leak on a bottom airflow RTA but with the Themis it’s needed to provide lots of juice to the mesh. Hope that helps and best of luck to you.

Thanks. I already ordered it so I hope it's a trouble shooting thing. I'd really like TC mesh.
If it's like what I've had with TC claptons it could need breaking in before trying TC.

If not wire should work. The top air flow is part of why I wanted it so if I can't use mesh in TC it won't be a total loss.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA

I saw your posts in a thread elsewhere about trying it in TC. Think gennie mesh wicks and shorts.

Mine started out very hot, not even 200°F was low enough to not have a hot glow. The VTC-mini I was building on sticks where it is originally set even if not locked but I noticed at the button push Ω was dropping. After they stopped dropping lower with the pulses I took the atty off and reset it. The mesh has been working right since (I did drop the TCR a few points for vaping). This was with 500 and 400 from my wick sheets and the 200 that came with it and Vandy mesh. 600°F would flash a dull red then barely pulse to dull red with no direct light so that should be about right the right temperature.

I'm not completely choking off but I think I need to go lighter on the wick in the reservoirs. It tastes and fogs better if I drip a little.

• Useful
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread