SS316L Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

juliothe2nd

Apr 12, 2016
Hi all! new here on ECF but been vaping for about half a year now. Just wanna say hello and happy to be part of this community!

I've got a cuboid right now and just picked up some SS316 wire. From what I've gathered when building SS coils, they should be spaced.

Am I wrong about this? Can I just stick to building my regular contact coils? If I decide to switch to TC mode will the contact coils work just fine?

Elvensilvan

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
Nagoya, Japan
hi and welcome!

about SS coils ... it depends on how you use them ... are you going for temperature control (TC) or wattage control (WC)?

if you are going TC, then spaces coils are better so that the mod chip can accurately read the coil's temperature.

if you use WC, then either contact or spaced would work great.

:vapor:

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

juliothe2nd

Apr 12, 2016
hi and welcome!

about SS coils ... it depends on how you use them ... are you going for temperature control (TC) or wattage control (WC)?

if you are going TC, then spaces coils are better so that the mod chip can accurately read the coil's temperature.

if you use WC, then either contact or spaced would work great.

:vapor:
Thanks:thumbs:! I was planning on using it in wattage mode where I like contact coils, but just wanted to know if I had the option to switch between the two modes with a contact coil. But what you said about inaccurate readings seems to make a ton of sense. Thanks!

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
I've used both in TC, they both do work however when I tried 26g contact coil I got hot legs at higher temperatures/higher wattage even if it glowed from center out, my current build which has lasted me almost a month now is just awesome.. 26g twisted wrapped on a 1/8th drill bit ohming out at .18 cool .21 warm....

According to imgur I uploaded that pic 23 days ago and it still looks the same

wa01bA7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread