ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Long story in short form.........

Low Potasium

:blush:

He has me on supplements and told me to keep drinking my water. He said that vaping had nothing to do with any of it, in his opinion. Then pulled out his own e-cig from his pocket. lol I told him he needed to go get a Volt though.

I go back in a couple weeks to be retested but gave me things to look out for and not to under estimate the power of low potassium
YAY, I'm so relieved for you! I've been quietly following this saga because of my own fears (and lack of insurance), and I'm so glad it worked out with an easy fix. And how cool is that, to have a doc that vapes too?!? :)

Off I go, to make my little vitamin packets again...

Staceylt40

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2012
East Texas
OMG - That's excellent (That he felt it had nothing to do with vaping, and then pulled out his own!) Great news all around!

Yeah, I thought it was pretty cool too. He did confirm that vaping can contribute to dehydration and told me to up mywater intake on a regular basis and all will be fine.

Staceylt40

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2012
East Texas
Glad to hear you're on the supplements now, Stacey! I was having problems with leg cramps when I first started vaping and am now on them, too!

That was one of the first things he asked me..... "are you having leg cramps?" And I have heard that low potasium can cause leg cramps. So drink drink drink water and eat a pickle. :O)

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
That was one of the first things he asked me..... "are you having leg cramps?" And I have heard that low potasium can cause leg cramps. So drink drink drink water and eat a pickle. :O)

Also, PG metabolizes into lactic acid in our muscles. It makes our bodies more acid (in addition to poor modern diets). This can cause the leg (and other) cramps. The cure: drink water. :)

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Oh, here we go. That leg cramp is probably from fluid retention (edema) down there, from the effects of gravity (can happen when you're dehydrated). If you plan on sitting for long periods of time, try propping that leg up (on a box, a plant stand, a bucket,...), so that the fluid can work its way up to your abdomen, where your kidneys can do whatever they need to do to it. I did it just now, and it worked for me. No more pain!
...but yeah, not getting dehydrated at all is preferable.

Google is wonderful! :)

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
HA! If that was possible I would have no problems at all. Banana is my all day vape. lol

I probably already know the answer to this, but... Anyone ever seen pickle flavor e-juice? :facepalm:
Need you ask? Dill Pickle e-liquid
...why, you want some? :drool: yum!

...and what's up? I thought you were DONE with the Dr. Pepper! That stuff is sooo bad for you!

Last edited:

Staceylt40

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2012
East Texas
Need you ask? Dill Pickle e-liquid
...why, you want some? :drool: yum!

...and what's up? I thought you were DONE with the Dr. Pepper! That stuff is sooo bad for you!

I can vape all the Dr Pepper I want. LOL Well actually, I can't. lol a little goes a looooooong way. lol

And I don't think I could vape dill pickle. hmmm might be interesting to try, but I will let someone else do it. I am sure I can probably find someone on youtube who has already tried. lol

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
HA! If that was possible I would have no problems at all. Banana is my all day vape. lol

I probably already know the answer to this, but... Anyone ever seen pickle flavor e-juice? :facepalm:

Yes . . . Dill Pickle, as a matter of fact: E Liquid (Moondrop.co)

[Warning, I've read some things recently to make me suspect this vendor has "left the building" . . . :unsure:]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread