Stacked batteries and Amp Rating...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikkel

Moved On
Dec 16, 2013
Southern, USA
Ran across a review that revealed the batteries used in the shrink wrapped 4.8V NiMH battery pack that was somewhat popular for vaping a while back was actually a stack of 1/3A size. That stack has a fairly good track record. No mishaps that I've heard of. I've heard gripes about them not lasting very long. I suspect the gripes might have been caused by peeps using standard resistance atomizers rather than a higher resistance which would have resulted in longer battery life.
4.8 volt NiMH Battery Charger

I would be surprised if the 2/3A size batteries have not been independently tested to determine their actual C rating and the feasibility of their use in vaping. Did some searching but couldn't find anything.
Morpheus, you seem knowledgeable and capable. Why don't you test these batteries? I'm sure the results would be of interest to many in the vaping community.

When I get around to making my list of ecig hardware to buy, I'm going to include that telescoping mod and the 2/3A batteries and give them a try. My tests, of course, will be informal and won't involve much technical information. Since Fasttech's shipping is notoriously slow, I'm probably months away from this trial.

Last edited:
I could! In truth, I'm pretty happy with lithium myself, and I confess I actually use a simple Volt X2 as my go-to model. It's not even VV, just a moderated 3.7 volts, automatic, and practically immortal (my oldest one is now 14 months old and losing battery capacity, but still showing no intention of dying anytime soon). I have mods, but never use 'em any more.

You are, however, talking to a person who doesn't have a cell phone...so I understand that almost everybody else's mileage varies significantly!

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest

I'm going to go and read the heck out of this thread right now. :)

My cousin always corners me at any family gathering and shows off his new Reo-Provari-VAMO-whatever. I gush, because he expects it and I like him, but what I'm really thinking is, "I like my Volt, it's small, it's easy, and I don't care if I break it 'cause it's cheap and I have four more anyway."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread