BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I get many, many refills out of them. My method:

1) Pull all the seals out of them.
2) Place about 3-4 drops of distilled vinegar on the coil and let sit at least 24hrs.
3) Soak in hot water (rinse and repeat about 2-3 times)
4) Shake and blow them out.
5) Allow to air dry for a day or two.
6) Dry-burn until you see gray/white ash, then gently scrape the ash off with tweezers, etc.
7) Reassemble and vape.

I've been doing it this way for almost a year with great results. The vinegar pre-soak isn't mandatory but it does a lot to reduce dry-burn time (and smoke). I keep two batches of at least 15 cartos in rotation all the time.

ShannonA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Tyler, Tx
ugh...ce2 thread..my love and hate relationship with things..love the flavor..hate the tinkering to get it...
some people say everclear or something high in alcohol to soak in..rinse and a dry burn..

I haven't had to tinker with these at all. I could toss it it's last me over two weeks but I'm frgual like that.

ShannonA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Tyler, Tx
PGA speeds dry time.
Most effective CE2 cleaning seems to be the dry burns after cleaning w/ your favorite solution and drying wick.
Where did you buy the SS CE2?

Nhaler and I've had zero problems out of them.... the oldest one has had a drop in vaper production just yesterday and it's a little over two weeks old and the one I chain vape on.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I don't usually take them apart to clean them even on the clearos so yeah they can be cleaned fairly easily with the tube on. Just remove the filler gasket and flush them out best you can, let them soak or both. A syringe to shoot your preferred cleaning solution down in it makes it go a little faster. Then blow them out best you can, let them dry and do a dry burn or you can do a dry burn after blowing it out good but the dry burn takes longer that way.

If the coil is really built up you may have alot or residue left from the dry burn, you may or may not want to flush it out again to get all of that out, depending on how bad it is.

ShannonA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Tyler, Tx
I don't usually take them apart to clean them even on the clearos so yeah they can be cleaned fairly easily with the tube on. Just remove the filler gasket and flush them out best you can, let them soak or both. A syringe to shoot your preferred cleaning solution down in it makes it go a little faster. Then blow them out best you can, let them dry and do a dry burn or you can do a dry burn after blowing it out good but the dry burn takes longer that way.

If the coil is really built up you may have alot or residue left from the dry burn, you may or may not want to flush it out again to get all of that out, depending on how bad it is.

That sounds pretty simple. I think I'll try your way 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread