Stainless steel cores for drip tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapant

Apr 21, 2012
Cumbria UK
It should be possible to press two connectors onto a tube but it would make the connector really long....
I meant two shortened connectors, both only one O-ring long (0.080") plus a flange (0.050"), so together they would measure the same as a dual O-ring connector (0.260") (basically the same as the dual O-ring one you made, but a cut where the dividing wall is) or one single O-ring with a wider tube extending into the drip tip which could be cut down if necessary.
Or would this make the single O-ring one too short at only 0.180" of exposed connector?

A larger shoulder would still need to be turned on the drip tip part to stop the connector pushing too far into the attie so the extra bit of wide connector tube would be hidden in most situations I think.

Yes, I think both assembled with tube and just the connector to press fit would be wanted.
A drill bit or part of one inserted into the tube should prevent most accidental bending whilst press fitting shouldn't it?

Last edited:

whokrz

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
ca
A connector that is 0.260 would be to long for my DID. The connector on the tips I make are ~0.200 which is the depth of the well on my DID. For a single o-ring groove I think it would be 0.130 or I misunderstood what you meant. I am not sure if a connector that was 0.130 would make any difference. If I had to guess I would say it would be fine, but may wobble a little more.
It doesn't take much of a bend in the tube for it to wobble on the lathe. If the drill bit fit really snug it should help, but it would be hard to get the bit in and out. I bent one tube because the hole in the connector was to small and I bent another one because I didn't have the tube square in the vise or didn't have any oil on it. The final two I had drilled correct, oiled and had it square in the vise. They pressed in with out any issues.

malkuth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
Gray, TN, USA
I would love to find them f/s someplace :) I spent hours looking and no luck.

I am having some made by a machinist here... He is due to finish up my samples soon (this week, I think). I am using the idea of the SS tube pressed into a base. I am having the total length made at 1.5 inches, and then cut the tube off to proper length based on the drip tip that I make. I have requests for the extra long tips, which is why I am having them made so long. The bases are set up for dual o-rings. I already asked him if he was able to make them in quantity, considering the fact that several people are on here looking. He has no problem with that. Will keep all informed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread