Status
Not open for further replies.

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
I've had it in rotation for about a week loaded w/ SmokeCignals' Cherry juice. I topped it up again last night to be ready for work today. Decided to take a couple of toots before bed, and there it was... that bubbly sound. Sure enough, it's got a crack at the base. As much as I like these things I'm really starting to get irked. I have another that was opened at the same time and has been loaded with SmokeCignals' Spearmint. No cracks, yet...

And this batch has such a stiff draw compared to the last. Now that I get them under the magnifier w/ a bright light, I see that there aren't any vent holes at the top of the 510 threading. Another manufacturing defect? I'm going to have to take them apart to drill a vent hole in a 'new' clearo? Ach du lieber!

I hate to say it, but I'm about done with these. And that really sucks! 'Cause I like the way they fill & fit on my eGo. I guess I'm going to have to switch to the new Cryptonite 8s and see how they vape.

Hate to be a complainer, but I thought this production run was "fixed". :glare:

Count

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
it is, sorry to hear your having a issue, remember just becuase you have a issue doesnt mean everyone else is but osrry ot hear about your troubles and thats what having other choices are about, sometimes certain products just dont fit certain people. cracking wise though i do understand and wish they use the other type but thats not possible at the moment so thats why we will offer the extra tubes so people can replace them if theirs crack. Your not complaining, sharing your experience is encouraged and while some people might have a issue with a product while many others dont, its still good to hear what issues people might have so the facotry can see and work on improving things.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
I've been using the same stardusts for a month (two in rotation) and they are as clean as a whistle. Just be aware that this is a stiffer plastic and they used this plastic purposely to help with leaking but it may be more susceptible to cracking with use of certain juices. They are testing the poly type of plastic but we want to be careful not to use somethign that would come off the base easier or present other problems. So the caveat is that I think with these you do have to be aware of the juice you are using, If you find a certain juice causes some cracking don't give up on the product. Adjust what you use it with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread