Kentucky, USA
Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I use both Stardusts and vivi nova minis. The Stardusts can be fussy little critters - mine tend to leak, but I've figured out how to cut them off at the pass - I haven't had a leaking problem at all with the minis. I only use the Stardusts because the sites where I order other things usually have them cheap. I clean them, but mostly think of them as disposable.

Brent Davis

Oct 3, 2012
Kentucky, USA
I use both Stardusts and vivi nova minis. The Stardusts can be fussy little critters - mine tend to leak, but I've figured out how to cut them off at the pass - I haven't had a leaking problem at all with the minis. I only use the Stardusts because the sites where I order other things usually have them cheap. I clean them, but mostly think of them as disposable.

ya my Vivi nova actually just broke in took a little but but im not having any leaking issues either what did you do with your stardust v3 to avoid leaking?

Brent Davis

Oct 3, 2012
Kentucky, USA
Ditto.

Vivi Nova seems not to leak though, based on anecdotal stuff I read here.

Same muted juice taste on both I bet.

Well Stardust v3 has awesome flavor I honestly only looked into the Vivi Nova v3 for a larger tank size but ya I feel I just threw away 16 bucks the heads they they ship with the vivi nova are trash and ya Im still going to try to take a stardust head and use the plastic cap from vivi nova heads to see if it at least fits securely I did try the stardust v3 heads but with their cap it didn't work out to well.

Edit: Vivi Nova Heads are slightly smaller than stardust v3 ones =\

Its just aggravating but I was doing some research and apparently im not the only person who has .....ed about this with their heads most people I see actually seem to be rewicking the coils but Im not sure what the real issue is with the heads if its the wick or the wire not being low resistance but either way the Stem that it screws on to causes way to loose of a drag when u inhale.

Last edited:

Brent Davis

Oct 3, 2012
Kentucky, USA
I haven't had a problem with mine. In fact my heads last almost 6 weeks. My wicks have degraded first and haven't had a coil actually burn out yet. I clean and dryburn about every 2/3 tankfuls. I am looking to do the rewicking and coil here soon when I get the kanthal wire.

So you get no metal taste whatso ever? and did you fray your wicks or leave them as originally shipped because my biggest gripe with it is the metal taste and nulled flavor I just wish I had a answer as to why this is happening =\ it pisses me off bad.

Brent Davis

Oct 3, 2012
Kentucky, USA
I diy my own juice so I know how its supposed to taste and there is no metal taste. Where did you get yours? Have you made sure the silicone cap is on correctly?

Well I left the silicone caps on as they were with the metal ring touching and also with the metal ring up to the top of the platic cap either way is results in the same deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread