Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
hey all

I decided to give DIY e liquid a try. So Ive picked out flavors based on my favorite vape Wild recipes that I found.

Now I need to pick the nicotine and I have no idea which option: PG vs VG vs PG salt nic vs VG salt nic

I’m planning on mixing either 50/50 or 70/30 VG/PG. oh at 3% nicotine level.

Appreciate your help :D

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Having dealt with 100% VG nic for a while, I would say get at least some PG. Max PG if you want. Your juice calculator should be able to handle it just fine either way if you are going to vape those percentages. Some folks like to order nic all one or the other (or have to, since I am PG sensitive at anything other than tiny quantities. If you settle on one particular percentage like 50/50 it can sometimes be simpler to get your nic that way as well. PG nic will be runnier and hence, probably easier to deal with. I'd guess 50/50 would be sort of "medium" runny, and I'd hazard a guess that MIGHT be easier than pure PG, but it's just a guess.

As far as nic, if you are currently vaping regular freebase nic, there's really no reason to change that, and I believe that nic salts are slightly more expensive. At 3% nicotine you won't get a huge throat hit or nicotine taste. Nic salts are said to be slightly more bioavailable more quickly, though I mainly use nic salts for the lack of throat hit (my throat was pretty torn up when I got here.)

Good luck mixing I am sure you will have a great time :)

Anna

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Nic salt is smoother less throat hit. Not an issue at 3mg with the other nics.

Nic in PG is easier to deal with with syringes if that is what you are going to use to measure. VG is very thick and would need a larger needle on the syringe to draw the VG Nic thru to measure

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Nic salt is smoother less throat hit. Not an issue at 3mg with the other nics.

Nic in PG is easier to deal with with syringes if that is what you are going to use to measure. VG is very thick and would need a larger needle on the syringe to draw the VG Nic thru to measure
True. I use squeeze bottles for VG

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
For 50/50 or anything less than high VG, get nic in a PG base, play with a calculator to see what strength nic to buy to get where you want by the time you flavor and dilute the nic down using VG.

Then again you can get a premixed nic base 50/50 at 3mg and add flavoring, it'll mix out a little less than 3mg but not noticeable. It will cost more by using a nic base at the level you want but to start out, it's a good way to go.

If you decide to buy a strong nic base say, 36mg or up, invest in some test strips to make sure the nic level is correct. Not saying companies lie or anything, but things happen we're all human and make mistakes sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread