The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Starter kit help please

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Arindam Chakraborty, Jul 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Arindam Chakraborty

Arindam Chakraborty Full Member

Jul 23, 2017
    I am from india so my choice of starter kit is limited. I choose JOYETECH AIO, and I then saw AIO PRO C. I want to know hows the airflow for MTL. Which one have more restricted airflow among these two? Also tell me about spitback if any.

One more thing i heard vaporesso drizzle kit and i liked it also, but what bothers me is i heard that its vapour is cold and also i will be needing higher nic if i used drizzle kit. In india we dont have nic salt based liquid or higher nic quality liquid.

What to choose? I am also concerned about spitbacks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. djsvapour

djsvapour ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    Hi @Arindam Chakraborty

I know about AIO and AIO Pro. Neither is perfect MTL, but you can do it.

Now, the Vaporesso looks interesting, but it's using 1.3ohm coils so will vape much more gently than AIO/AIO Pro with 0.5 or 0.6ohm coils. At least half the vapor and, as you say, probably cooler.

Both the AIOs use Joyetech BF "cubis/aio" coils. The 0.6ohm is the least spitty. The 0.6ohm is actually the only one I think it worth vaping. Maybe the 1.0ohm and if you want to DTL maybe the 0.5ohm IF you can turn up the watts high enough when it starts gurgling.

How high strength nicotine liquid can you buy? The Vaporesso with 12mg or 18mg would be OK for many smokers. 6mg would be not a lot and 24mg would be rather too strong...but it's hard to say for sure.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Bonskibon

Bonskibon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2015
    USA Northeast
    I have no problems using the Cubis 1.5 coils with my AIO. The .6 is to warm of a vape for me personally.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Arindam Chakraborty

Jul 23, 2017
    I found good quality 9 mg of juice only, and thus i think drizzle might not do the trick for me.

I wrote PRO instead of PRO C. I guess they are just the same right? AIO or AIO PRO which has more restrictive air flow out of the two, thats what i wanted to know. Do u think 9 mg of nic will be enough, coz i love to stick with new stuffs and so i think i will be vaping like hell.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mike McVape

Mike McVape Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 24, 2017
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Can't help with your specific equipment questions, just saying Welcome to the forum.

• Like Like x 1
  6. djsvapour

Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    9mg @ 13 watts. Not bad... many people quit smoking with 18/24 @ 6.5watts, so maybe.

Seems a little low to me, but possible. Depends how many mls per day.

• Like Like x 1
  7. suprtrkr

suprtrkr ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

I do not have the gear you mention, but restricting airflow is not usually a problem on most tanks. Just close the air ring. The problem comes in that many of them can't open up wide enough. I have some seriously beastly cloud tanks that breathe like a firehose when open, but close them down and you can MTL them if you build a tall enough coil. Welcome to the board.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Arindam Chakraborty

Jul 23, 2017
    I asked coz i heard that some have more restrictive airflow than others when fully closed. So i think i cant go wrong with either of them?

9. suprtrkr

suprtrkr ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Well, I don't think so. But you might want to wait until you hear from some folks that have the gear themselves. Ask me, though, too much air is nothing that can't be fixed with a piece of tape or a drop of glue.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Arindam Chakraborty

Jul 23, 2017
    Any reply regarding AIO and AIO PRO C Airflow will be super helpful to me guys. Please Help me.

11. Vapemesilly

Vapemesilly Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 21, 2017
    Nevada
    I can't speak for the PRO C, but I used to have the AIO and it was a piece of junk.

12. Arindam Chakraborty

Jul 23, 2017
    Why? Please tell me more. And can you suggest me a device!

13. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    I'd stay away from sub ohm (.01-1.0 ohms) coil devices until you learn more about vaping. A 1.5 ohm coil is non sub ohm and will help you learn vaping quickly.
    Might like to read:
    http://www.vaporauthority.com/pages/learn
    http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/ashtray-blog/2014/01/ecigarette-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
    http://guidetovaping.com/category/e-cig-beginner/
    http://vapingcheap.com/vaping-101/
    (10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
    (1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum

• Like Like x 4
  14. Vapemesilly

Vapemesilly Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 21, 2017
    Nevada
    My AIO would spit hot juice in my mouth pretty much all the time. It would also shut down several times a day...stop working. If I unscrewed the top cap and screwed it back on then it would work again. It was as if it had some sort of vacuum lock. The other Joytech kits, the eGo One V2 or the Mega 2 or anything that is an upgrade from the AIO are much better kits.

15. Arindam Chakraborty

Jul 23, 2017
    Price is out of my budget for one v2 and mega. In india its over 100$. Any other recommendations?

16. Aus11

Aus11 Senior Member Verified Member

Jun 16, 2017
    Hollywood, FL
    Quite a few people I know started on the Kangertech Subvod kit, and others on the Smok V8 Stick. Both are reasonably priced good starter kits if you are new to vaping.

17. djsvapour

Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    Over $100 USD for an eGo ONE type device? Ouch, that is bad.
    Can you order from China?

18. redeuce

redeuce Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 11, 2017
    Chicago suburbs
    I'm a newbie, but it sounds like you are looking to replicate the act of smoking. My wife and I tried several, and the absolute best for mtl is the Innoken Endura. I have the T22. She has the T18. Check them out.

• Like Like x 2
  19. QcVaper

QcVaper Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 17, 2017
    Canada/Quebec
    I first stopped by using a nautilus tank and it's 1.5/1.8 0hm coils worked very well on all of it's airflow
    I used 15mg nicotine e-liquid for the first month. Since then i moved to sub 0hm and 6mg (don't worry about sub 0hm if you're new though). Mod you use (the battery under the tank) dosen't really matter imho as long as it has variable wattage you'll be fine.

20. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Yes, you can certainly switch up kit/mod unless cheaper not to do so. I got the aspire zelos kit with the nautilus mod, but it was a bit expensive for a backup stick though it does have great features. I wanted a backup mod that was small to carry as my backup mod. It's really nice! Smaller than I realized, but they have packed some punch inside that kit. I would have suggested it to start as it comes with my favorite mod, the Nautilus 2. Which really... You can't get for much lower than $28 bucks in the USA, so it wasn't a terrible investment. I really like it and everything matches, if you are into that.

Might be worth checking out.

Anna

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.