Starting all over.........w/a mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandiego

Jan 6, 2011
Chicago, IL
I've been vaping since Dec. of last year (w/moderate success). The be all/end all was suppose to be the Go-Go and I found very little satisfaction with it because of the airy draw. I've been using the Igo for the last few months - stiffer draw, but I think I'm done with cartomizers. Some people claim they last them a week, two weeks, etc. but for me? About two or three days at best and it all starts to go downhill from there and be not so good. I'm not sure, but from what I've seen with mods and mod vapers, they seem to be having a little more fun than I've been having w/vaping. Not sure if this is the correct forum (but hey, it IS the modders forum) so the question is.........what would one suggest. I'm looking to get some serious satisfaction from vaping and so far the standard pvs just aren't doing that for me. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Java_Az

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2010
Colorado
Well if you ask me , and since you are asking i personally think Variable voltage is where is it at. Being able to adjust to voltage per any given atomizer or carto to get the most out of it. So for sure get a VV pv. as far as airy draws i believe that has more to do with the type of atomizer your using. So shopping around trying out different brands might be your best bet there.

Rockproof

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2010
PA
I think you are asking what off the shelf mods you should consider??? If so, and you want to really shake things up a bit, you may want to look into a VV. A VV mod will let you tinker to your hearts content with different atty's (and possibly) cartos until you find your ultimate vape. If you want to consider a VV mod, there are several threads on ECF discussing the opinions of many on what is "the best VV".

I was strickly a 306LR atty guy until I tried my first dual coil carto...then I put the same DC carto's on a VV mod....OMG! I've been content with this set up for awhile now.

Hope this helps.

squirrel64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
Va Skyline Drive Shenandoah River
Well if you ask me , and since you are asking i personally think Variable voltage is where is it at. Being able to adjust to voltage per any given atomizer or carto to get the most out of it. So for sure get a VV pv. as far as airy draws i believe that has more to do with the type of atomizer your using. So shopping around trying out different brands might be your best bet there.

:thumb: absolutely, being stuck at one or two voltages can have it's drawbacks. Adjusting the voltage can have tremendous impact on the flavors of different juices. Just .2 or .4 volts can make or break a juice sometimes and it's nice to have that option with all the cartos and atties out now

Eternityroad

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada
I think I'm done with cartomizers.

Same here. I am basically a dripper but used cartos for long drives and nights on the town. I didn't care for them either. I tried a plastic tank carto. The taste was stronger but there was a plastic aftertaste. Finally this week I found something I like---the Ce2 clearomizer from Digatlciggz. Holds more fluid and thus far, no leakiing problems nor aftertaste (it is glass) It is easy to fill, also. Pop off the mouthpiece and load through the top. The vapor is thick and plentiful. Better than my 510 attys. This is not a final verdict as I have only been using it a week, but so far it beats any other carto or tank system I've used.

sandiego

Jan 6, 2011
Chicago, IL
Thank you all for your suggestions. Not sure I want to go the VV route - I've got no desire to tinker. I feel like that's all I've been doing for the last eight months. I want to pick something up, vape and be satisfied - there always seems to be a problem and it usually has something to do with cartomizers - I think. I mean, the battery life of the Go-Go and Igo is excellent, and since they are two pc. units, what else could it be? I'm seriously changing cartomizers every two days to get the big plumes of vapor that I'm looking for. I'll take a look at these suggestions more in depth after the weekend is over (busy, busy w/my secret agent stuff you know!) and hopefully I'll be as happy as the rest of you seem! Again, thanks so much for all your suggestions - I appreciate it.
S.

NicksVap3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2011
Maine USA
a good VV unit isnt like tinkering. to quote someone else on here ,not a clue who though, if the vape is too hot, turn it down, too cool turn it up. its more like setting your radio to a comfortable volume you feel like listening to. most of the good ones these days require no tools to do it also
also, i found you will be tinkering around with different set-ups until you find what you enjoy. nature of the beast

birdbrains

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2011
New York, NY
First of all... CARMEN SAN DIEGO!!! Childhood really ruled. Thanks for reminding me!

I will second the recommendation of a REO mod, although they are expensive--they just work. I think you'll find that atty's/dripping/tanks are insanely more fussy than cartomizers. Cartos are my chosen method just because I find them to be incredibly low-maintenance. It's possible that you were using some substandard cartomizers if you were only getting 2-3 days out of them. I get about a week out of mine (with no cleaning) at the least. You can get more time out of your cartos if you clean them (there are so many methods for this), but that's another story. I personally really enjoy cartos and am using dual coils (from several vendors) and Crystal Clear Vaping's "The Resurrector" 1.7 ohm cartos (which are very nicely priced over at that site). The REO is excellent because you never have to drip into the top of the carto, you just squeeze the bottle (or squonk) to bring the juice into the carto from below. It's pretty no-nonsense.

Anyhow, I'm sure you'll get lots of other tips!

CraigHB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Reno, Nevada
Been using the same make of carto for a year now. I've tried other stuff, but always go back to the cartos. They just work really well for me. I've also seen reports of them lasting weeks for people, but find that hard to believe. I usually get a couple days off one and toss it. I'm a real heavy vapor though, ~8ml a day. The short lifetime of the cartos doesn't bother me at all, they're cheap at retail and I bought a ton of them at wholesale so they were even cheaper for me.

I would second the suggestion of using a VV device. It really makes what you're using to atomize the juice less critical and you can always dial things in to where you're happy with vapor production. If you don't want to make one yourself, MadVapes sells an inexpensive basic VV box mod. For DIY, I would recommend the Easy OKR-T VV mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread