Starting on Mech Mod (VGOD) - Need Safety Advices (Alreaday Read the threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaHaVape

Jan 24, 2019
Hello everybody! I hope you all are doing fine,
So I'm a non-smoker, and gave vaping a try (0mg nico ofc), and i felt in love with it.
I have currently a basic regulated Mod (smok Priv T8 i guess), and i found it doesn't produce enough clouds for me,
A quick search in the web, i find that Mech Mods are the go for clouds (i'm not thinking of competition, but little fun with tricks...).
So my questions are:
1- Should i get directly Mech mods or there's a "Safer" alternative (with RDA, because tanks suck lol)
2- I already read the safety thread, and i think of getting a VGOD Pro Mech 2, is it good as a start? I will only using the coils provided with it, does anyone of you know it resistance? Of course, i'll check it myself later when i get it, but just to have a first vision of things (The battery to choose...)?
3- The VGOD doesn't have any airvents, should i worry about that? (Threads say i should)
4- Is there any specific flaw to the VGOD Pro Mech 2 to be cautious about?
Thanks

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
If cloudz are what you're after lung capacity and the delivery device ( tank, rda, rta ) is far more important than the device that powers it.
There are several 'tanks' that use replaceable heads that produce enormous cloudage, and many RBA type delivery devices that you can build whatever blows your skirt up. Mild to ridiculous is up to you.
Your current power device has a 510 connection there are hundreds of delivery devices to chose from.

Regulated power devices have built in safety and several other user friendly features with far more flexibility & ease of use without increased dangers and the learning curve.
Proper battery selection & basic battery safety is still important.

Mechanicals have no safety features other than the users knowledge, power output is limited to battery voltage at any given time combined with parasitic voltage losses. Best left to advanced users with a firm understanding of battery safety & selection, ohm's law and a variety of things to keep an eye on to vape safely.

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
Welcome to the forum.
These questions kinda implie that you are not familiar with the operation of a mechanical mod, and as such should not be using one yet.V GOD is a hybrid connection mechanical mod.You can't put everything on top.The atomizer must have a protruding pin,otherwise you are going for big problems..
Drop in coil Tanks is prohibitive.You can use RTA, RDA or RDTA atomizers with protruding pin.
VGOD has vent holes,they are inside the fire button.This means battery positive down orientation.
I suggest buy a dual/triple battery regulated mod that can provide enough power for big clouds and step back for a while.

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello everybody! I hope you all are doing fine,
So I'm a non-smoker, and gave vaping a try (0mg nico ofc), and i felt in love with it.
I have currently a basic regulated Mod (Smok Priv T8 i guess), and i found it doesn't produce enough clouds for me,
A quick search in the web, i find that Mech Mods are the go for clouds (i'm not thinking of competition, but little fun with tricks...).
So my questions are:
1- Should i get directly Mech mods or there's a "Safer" alternative (with RDA, because tanks suck lol)
2- I already read the safety thread, and i think of getting a VGOD Pro Mech 2, is it good as a start? I will only using the coils provided with it, does anyone of you know it resistance? Of course, i'll check it myself later when i get it, but just to have a first vision of things (The battery to choose...)?
3- The VGOD doesn't have any airvents, should i worry about that? (Threads say i should)
4- Is there any specific flaw to the VGOD Pro Mech 2 to be cautious about?
Thanks
Welcome and glad you joined.
Mech mods are great devices if they suit your purpose. Could read:
The Benefits and Drawbacks of Mechanical Mods

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
HaHaVape, stick with a regulated mod like everyone has suggested. As mechanical mods in the wrong inexperienced hands are pipe bombs.

Smoant Battlestar is a solid recommendation, which can be got for a reasonable price on fasttech.

Then you just need to find a tank that you like, try and stick with prebuilt coils at the moment and look into rebuildable tanks for the future. As it will be a learning curve and their is so many things to choose from.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
HaHaVape, Smoant Battlestar is a reliable dual 18650 battery mod. Has reasonable reviews and more importantly following. Google fasttech and have a look at least.

And keep it simple and use a tank that you just have to drop coils in, fill and prime. I don't know too much about Hellvape Hellbeast tanks, but they can use a few manufacturers coils so they seem interesting. Can anyone else give an opinion on them?

Last edited:

HaHaVape

Jan 24, 2019
Thank you very much,
I still have a question if you don't mind, which is; Can you use a RDA with a regulated mode? How to do it? I looked up in the internet, and didn't have a clear answer? How to know if a RDA is compatible with a Box Mod?
I'm not going to build my own coils (i'll stick up with pre-made ones), i'm just not a fun of tanks,

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
HaHaVape, rebuildables should work with no issues. Apart from your typical building issues.

And that Hellvape Hellbeast tank I mentioned is compatible With Smok Baby Beast Coils, Vaporesso GT Coils and Nautilus 2 Coils. So there's plenty of options including mesh coils.

I've used one of the GT mesh coils with a Vaporesso Skrr tank before and they produce a lot of vapour, and they're stainless steel as well so they can even be run in temperature mode.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
The connection between the delivery device (tank, rda,rta) and the power device is called the 510 connection.
As I said in a previous response
' Your current power device has a 510 connection there are hundreds of delivery devices to chose from.'

Almost every delivery device available is threaded for use with the 510 connection, those that won't work will be called/ labeled 'hybrid connection' or list a specific threading type in their specs.

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
Thank you very much,
I still have a question if you don't mind, which is; Can you use a RDA with a regulated mode? How to do it? I looked up in the internet, and didn't have a clear answer? How to know if a RDA is compatible with a Box Mod?
I'm not going to build my own coils (i'll stick up with pre-made ones), i'm just not a fun of tanks,

At regulated devices all atomizers are ok.If you purchase an rda or rdta,check its 510 pin because it might has pre installed a squonk pin.In order to put it on a regulated mod,change the pin with the regular pin included.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Thank you very much,
You can attach any juice delivery attachment to any regulated mod. Both use an industry standard 510 connection which you just screw together.

Some mech mods use a pinless 510 connector, which means they do not have a center pin within the 510 connector. These mods require a juice delivery device (RDA or RTA) which has an extended center pin to make contact with the battery. These mechs are called "direct to battery" or "hybrid mech" mods, and should be reserved for advanced vapers only. They can be extremely dangerous for naive users. If I am not mistaken, the VGOD mech is a direct to battery mod.

A Beginner's Guide to Your First Mechanical Mod

Until you gain more experience, I'd avoid getting a mech and get a 2 or 3 battery regulated mod. Just about any sub-ohm tank will provide you with massive clouds. The same holds true for any RDA.

Last edited:

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Mech mods are dangerous for a beginner. Tanks dont suck. Vaping just for the sake of making huge clouds and tricks is kinda stupid, even with 0 nicotine, and gives vapers who are trying to stay off cigarettes a bad image. Sounds like you just need a hobby. Ever try flint knapping? That'll keep your hands busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread