Starting on RTA/RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ouchiko

Feb 14, 2018
London
Hi all.

I've been using a smok ALIEN 220 with the Cleito 120 tank for a while. The coils have been fine but I'm finding the price point is high for five so I decided to build my own.

I bought an AMMIT single coil RTA and a Coil Art DPRO RDA. Both are good but I just wanted to check up about the coils i've been making.

For the RDA I created two 5 turn, 2.5mm using Clapton 26/32 which as a dual coil build came in at 0.47 ohms. I've been running it at around 50Watts and the voltage gets up to around 5.

For the RTA I used some Kanthal A1, maybe a few too many turns, but it came in at 0.8 ohms and Im running that at 37Watts and the voltage comes in mid 5.

Firstly I'm used to the pre bought coils which I ran at about 0.16 ohms / 90Watts so Im just wondering if it sounds as though I've done things right and what Im currently using in the RTA/RDA sound normal and Im not 2 seconds from some battery explosion.

Also, with the RTA/RDA can I up the wattage if I want to?

Many thanks for any responses and apologies for what is probably the millionth time this question has been asked.

Rgs,
Jim.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Your builds sound fine to me, it sounds like you've built to something your mod can easily handle. Unless it's a mechanical mod, wattage will rule your outcome. But you sound like you are at fairly low wattage needs for your device, I don't see anything to worry about here. Congrats on getting your first builds done and vaping, that's great. Which one do you prefer so far? Sounds like you primed well and just adjusted the wattage to tailor your vapes. You should be perfectly safe on those builds, and the nice thing about regulated mods is that you build too low (you kind of have to really work at that) your mod will likely just refuse to fire it, you won't be handed an explosion or anything although you are nowhere near the type of build that would cause your mod to do that.

Congrats!

Anna

ouchiko

Feb 14, 2018
London
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. All good to know and the Youtube videos I’ve been watching have been good. I wasn’t overly keen on the Clapton wires so I ordered some “alien” wire and I’ve made up some coils coming in at around 0.24 ohms, I like it a lot more. This time I went for a slightly higher mm setting, not sure of the official term and that allows a bit more room for the cotton through the stack.

I’m preferring the RDA which lead me on a video session about mech mods and sqonks. Seriously, you need a qualification for all the different areas this stuff goes into. I found a few regulated sqonkers but they had bad reviews and I’m not really interested in the mech stuff.

Thanks aga8n
jim

Reactions: Letitia

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. All good to know and the Youtube videos I’ve been watching have been good. I wasn’t overly keen on the Clapton wires so I ordered some “alien” wire and I’ve made up some coils coming in at around 0.24 ohms, I like it a lot more. This time I went for a slightly higher mm setting, not sure of the official term and that allows a bit more room for the cotton through the stack.

I’m preferring the RDA which lead me on a video session about mech mods and sqonks. Seriously, you need a qualification for all the different areas this stuff goes into. I found a few regulated sqonkers but they had bad reviews and I’m not really interested in the mech stuff.

Thanks aga8n
jim
“Diameter”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread