Starting small, some opinions needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
I already have a few DIY 'tools': a few 10ml bottles, pipettes, 5 and 1 ml syringes, one funnel and I'm going to buy:

for base: 100ml VG @ 100mg strength, 200ml VG, 200 ml PG I think I will make the first batches around 80/20vg/pg but hoping to increase the pg ratio
for flavors: I vaped only tobacco e-liquid 100% VG from Dekang up to now so I think I will limit to tobacco more or less for now.
As I live in Europe I will order from Inawera, I choose 3 flavors which got good reviews virginia, s'camel and cherry tobacco and I'll buy 10 ml of each.

'Softeners' :Inawera - 10% of the glycol solution of ethyl maltol, FA - Vape wizard and Bitter, TPA - Menthol liquid.

That's it. Is there something important that I'm missing that could be used to fix a tobacco flavor in case I won't be able to vape it because I won't like it? I see the seller has some FA flavors, ozon, bergamot ,oak chips should I get one or two of them?

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
If you're going to start small with tobacco only, I think your initial outline is pretty good. Vinegar might be helpful, but that is a common household item, so no big deal. Otherwise, I think you have it covered.

Remember to keep notes and steep. Tobaccos really like steeping and some will just not straighten up until they sit alone in a dark corner until they learn the lesson about the harm they did to taste buds when they were young.

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
Hello, just to share some news after receiving the bases and flavors and starting to mix, this are my first experiences. For a 10ml bottle of 20mg nic 70/30 vg/pg, I used RY4 asian from TFA and went for 8% with originally 1 drop of EM. I gave it a warm bath and tried it the next day. The smell was simply caramel and the taste was totally different which IDK how to describe, maybe a bit nutty or maybe it's something that should resemble the tobacco, but it's wasn't that balance of tobacco, caramel and nuts as described in the forum. It would be unvapable for some people.
3 days ago I added 5 drops more of EM which didn't change the taste almost at all, and I was expecting at least to make it sweeter. It's steeping now and it is one week old. I have MTS and vinegar but didn't add them yet because I think it's not the right time since there is nothing to improve. Am I wrong?
I will wait some more to see what steeping does but maybe I just need more RY4 added?

I haven't done anything with the Inawera tobacco flavors yet because I wanted to try this one which I thought it will be easier to succeed and get a better understanding of what it DIY liquid is in the same time. Since I didn't have a lot of success I will delay them a bit more while I learn more. I made a 10ml fruit mix with inawera flavors though, which is ok, raspberry/orange/lemon at 3.5/5/2.5% respectively, but the orange is overpowering the other two, especially the raspberry, even though you can detect pretty much all of them in the smell. Will 2-3 drops of lemon concentrate help in this case? or is it better to add more lemon and raspberry flavor?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread