Status
Not open for further replies.

lindsay1126

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
Near Seattle, WA
Hi everyone,
So I did what you all suggested and tried all my flavors individually and realized though im not a huge fan of some by themseves I like my capellas flavors at around 15%. So my question is I want to start mixing some to get what I want, do I need to let the total of all flavoring equal 15% or do I use around 15% for the main flavor and samller % for complimentary equaling way over 15%? All my flavors are PG and all but 1 is capellas. I use 70pg/30vg but think i may go to 80/20. 14mg nicotine. Heres the list:
Honeydew (I like by itself)
New York cheesecake
Strawberry
Marshmellow
Grahmcracker
Peanut Butter
Cinnamon danish swirl
Hot cocoa
Sugar cookie
Vanilla custard
Catalan cream (only 1 that is not capellas) thanks.

bncceo

Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
East DFW, USA
I would try to shoot for total flavoring = 15%. It is easier to add flavoring later rather than trying to dilute the flavoring to a smaller %. Everyone's tastes are a little different and I have found that I like Capella's individual flavors around 10% and when mixing in recipes I have anywhere from 10%-25% total flavoring.

lindsay1126

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
Near Seattle, WA
Well the reason I ask is when I was making my big batch of honeydew and cinnamon danish I decided to try a peanut butter cookie by mixing 11% sugar cookie, 2% peanut butter and 3% marshmellow and I have been trying it and cant really taste much of anything. that was 2 weeks ago. I can taste a very faint cookie and hubby says he can very faintly taste peanut butter but I cant at all. What would
you suggest to try to make it better? And how much should I up flavor for next batch?

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
If that Catalan Cream is from FlavourArt, you really don't want to mix it at 15%. That one at 5% is as strong as any Cappella's at 15%.

Now that you have single flavor bottles mixed, you can combine those right in your tank/carto to see what you like together. If you find two you like mixed equally (drop of cheesecake, drop of strawberry), you can make a bigger bottle using half the single-flavor percentage for each flavor (7.5% cheesecake, 7.5% strawberry), for example.

Graham cracker, peanut butter, marshmallow is tasty together. About 2% Catalan Cream with 5% Strawberry is good, too. You picked good flavors to mix!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread