Starting with Provari ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sectopod

Oct 20, 2013
Italy
Hi

Im from Italy, and I saw some friends using ecigs.

I tryed normal ones and didnt like, then this friend bought over europe 200€ ecig ( dont know the name ) and liked it.

Has been 2 days that I read any forum, but so many suggestions that I cant decide.

Basically I wanna buy something not cheap.

- The taste comes from liquids or also something else ?

I found this ProVari Deluxe Kit

Provari Deluxe Kit, its good im right ? Its has everything I need for starting smoke or it miss something ?

- I also Galileo V3 Stainless Steel , what u think of it ?

Thanks guys

Sorry my bad english

Last edited:

gotch23

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Fukuoka, Japan
Hi sectopod,

Imho the Provari is the ideal starter device... if you got the cash...
Super-easy and super-reliable. Pretty much kills the need to get anything else.
... Unless you are like me and are afflicted by "oh-shiny!"-syndrom.

The starter kit you linked to... i guess it is allright. But if it were me i
would just buy the bare-bones provari and get the rest myself...
that way you have more control over the components.

In addition to the device I'd get:
the provari battery extension
a nitecore intellicharger i4
a couple of a&w IMR batteries (18500 and 18650)
a protank II (rebuildable!) or an aspire bdc cartomizer tank
with a couple spare atomizer heads.

That will get you up and running in no time.
A bit further down the line... rather sooner than later...
to get the BEST possible vape...
i'd look into RBAs: The Squape, the Taifun GT, the Kayfun (light or 3.1)...
or on the dripping side...the trident or the cyclone.

The RBAs have a slight learning curve. But once you
got it down (with the help of ecf/youtube)... really not that hard... you are rewarded
by the best possible vape...
without wasting a ton of money on the latest and greatest
semi-disposable stuff from China. It works good and is easy, but in the long run that is
going to be more expensive.

Last edited:

sectopod

Oct 20, 2013
Italy
thanks, you spent a lot of time to write that, appreciated :)

Well, then u changed my mind, I can just go directly to the best vape experience ( as u said ) and get one of that : The Squape, the Taifun GT, the Kayfun (light or 3.1)...the trident or the cyclone. ?

They cost like provari but u said its better so I dont get why taking provari now :p

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
That looks like the genuine Mini Provari. And with the 5 cartomizers, Vivi Nova tank, and drip tip that seems like a fair price.

I would recommend getting more batteries than just one. Provape recommends using AW IMR button-top batteries (flat-top batteries will not work in a Provari):

AW IMR 18350 700mah button top battery This battery will last approximately 5 - 7 hours between charges.

AW IMR 18490 1100mah button top battery This battery will last 9 - 11 hours between charges. You will need the Provari battery extension cap to use this battery on the Provari Mini.

Also recommend getting a higher quality charger that can charge more than one battery at a time:

Xtar WP2S charger

Xtar WP2 II charger

There is a large learning curve with any RBA/RDA device, and require a lot of personal research in learning how to use them safely and effectively. Make certain that you have a simple delivery device (clearomizer or cartomizer or cartotank) available to use as a backup or primary to use.

Be aware that many who build their own coils on a RBA/RDA are using sub ohm builds, which will not work with a Provari.

Information Resource Guide for Your First RBA

Last edited:

sectopod

Oct 20, 2013
Italy
Thanks Baditude, I see that you use Provari, so looks like I picked it right :D

Well, if u can help me with it, could u suggest me on that site or any Europe site, a list of items to buy so im sure I dont miss anything ? price aint a problem! Otherwise if u tell me to stick with that Provari on ukcigstore.com, maybe would be better to buy bare-bones provari and get the rest myself as Goth said ?

That would be good for me but I would need a list of stuffs I need to buy on that site :p

again sorry my english, but will say again, u guys helped me so much, ur fantastic :D

PS : ahhh fayfun or tayfun goes with Provari, I thought was instead of it :D

gotch23

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Fukuoka, Japan
The RBAs i mentioned... RBAs= Rebuildable atomizers...
is what you put on top of your provari, the device
that vaporises your ejuice.

You can see it here: http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk/WebRo...DC1/58D0/C971/DB8C/SQ_SQuape_on_Provari_w.jpg

There's two parts to an e-cigarette: The battery/power-supply and the liquid-vaporisation part (atomizer).
The provari, being very accurate and consistent in its power-supply is the non-plus-ultra for me
on the battery-side. The mentioned RBAs are my best bet for the atomizer-side.

Sub-ohm vaping... yeah... not good with the provari. But for me that is also passée
coil-building wise. Micro-coils above 1 ohm is where it's at imho and no problem firing these with a
provari... in fact... it is sublime.

Last edited:

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Definitely you want a minimum of three batteries of the same size when you start. If you are getting the mini, make sure you have at least three 18350 AW IMRs. I do not get nearly the time from my batteries that is described here:

AW IMR 18350 700mah button top battery This battery will last approximately 5 - 7 hours between charges.

This battery life estimate depends on your vaping profile. You don't want to get frustrated with your new (pretty expensive) device over power issues. I have an Xtar VP-1 and I am very happy with it, so I like the manufacturer of the ones Baditude recommended. You definitely want a clearo or carto system for when you first start, so you can fill it with juice, screw it on, and get right to vaping.

With the RBAs, maybe start with an RSST or AGA T-2 to get the hang of it and make sure rebuilding suits you. The KFL and others I saw listed are all pretty pricey. You need some wire and mesh, silica, or some other wicking material. I use 400 mesh and organic cotton. You should also get a Multi-Meter for testing your coil resistance before you put them on your device.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Thanks Baditude, I see that you use Provari, so looks like I picked it right :D

Well, if u can help me with it, could u suggest me on that site or any Europe site, a list of items to buy so im sure I dont miss anything ? price aint a problem! Otherwise if u tell me to stick with that Provari on ukcigstore.com, maybe would be better to buy bare-bones provari and get the rest myself as Goth said ?

That would be good for me but I would need a list of stuffs I need to buy on that site :p
I already included the links to the batteries, battery extension cap, and a choice between two chargers to get from that website. That will get you up and running along with the Provari kit you linked to. If you can contact the vendor before you order, see if you can get a deal by upgrading the kit charger for one of the two I suggested.

You don't need to purchase a RBA at this time. Learn how to use simpler things first.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
thanks

I saw the video you posted, nice one.

I dont like to go around with liquids and stuffs on saturday night. I see in the kit theres "Boge XXL Cartomizers", its where you put the liquid right ? How much it last that ? enough for a night ?

The cartomizers hold 1.5 ml of juice. Carrying a couple of those with you should get you through the night. Personally, I use clearomizers or cartotank wherever I go. They do not leak, are durable, and hold 3 - 5 ml of juice so I don't have to change the delivery device or carry more than one juice device.

I personally use either the Innokin iClear 30 clearomizers (3 ml liquid capcity) or an pyrex cartotank (5 ml liquid capacity). I vape about 3 ml during an entire day so one of these last me all day long.

Juice delivery devices

iClear30.jpg

IBTanked pyrex cartotank and Innokin iClear30 clearomizer http://www.ukecigstore.com/accessories/tanks/Innokin-iclear30-clearomizer-dual-coil

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I never buy mod kits. I just assumed you were fixed on the kit you linked to. Kits often include things you don't need or inferior essentials (like that battery charger). I didn't see any cartotanks worth recommending from the UK website, and I'm not familiar with the European venders to suggest where to find any.

Provari List

Provari Mini
Battery Extension Cap (for 18490 battery)
Batteries AW 18350 IMR 700mah - 3 batteries
Batteries AW 18490 IMR 1100mah - 2 batteries
Battery Charger - Xtar (your choice; whichever can charge 18350 batteries)
Innokin iClear 30 clearomizers - 3 clearos

Last edited:

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
When you see the size of a 5 ml tank, you may change your mind... especially since you'd want a standard Provari with 18650 extension to go with it if you don't want to carry spares.

You can fit a standard length, 19mm IBTanked carto tank (2.5 ml total), with short drip tip, on one side of an almost matchbox sized plastic two-battery 18490/18500 case with the 18490 on the hinge side. That'll give you the 5 ml in a much more manageable form.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
its true tha flavor is better with carto tanks then clearos? I saw on google search
That is subjective and depends upon who you ask. But I would say cartotanks have better flavor. The exception being the iClear30 coming the closest to matching a cartotank for flavor of all the clearos that I have tried. I've recently tried the Vivi Nova, Evod, iClear16, and Protanks, and I much prefer the iClear30 over all of them.

Clearos are definitely the way to go if you want easy fill and go. Cartotanks have a slight learning curve and take a little longer to set up, but if you have 10 minutes they are worth it.

Baditude's Cartotank Setup Guide

Last edited:

Bauk

Oct 16, 2013
Belgrade, Serbia
Hi sectopod!

I am glad I am not alone. I am almost two months into vaping and I already switched to Provari. Started with Ego - T then e VIC, both from joyetech and almost a month with Provari, you can see some of my setups in this post :) http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/480953-first-post.html

Few words of advice. Buy something cheaper/easy replaceable for your Saturday nights! Specially if you like to party! I am glad I keep my eVIC with cheap cartomizer tanks or clearomizers for such events, trust me...
For pure pleasure and in hazard free environments like home/office vaping, you might want to try two things. One is Vision Eternity rebuildable atomizer, very very good thing and other even better is HH.357 short or long barrel atomizer from avidvapers. I got my long barrel one yesterday and man I was blown away with flavor quality, design, structure, draw, vape production, everything is just perfect! Except the fact that you can put 5-7 drops of liquid in it and often need to refill it :)

Hope this helped, best regards!
Lovecoach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread