State ecig legislation that is NOT progressing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
That a huge number of people still believe in the beneficence of the government is the biggest hurdle to overcome.

People who vote for the wrong candidates is the biggest issue to overcome. They are the ones who helped create this society. Most people on here who vote voted for those who would push such legislation and will vote for them again...

Combining these 2 items leads to my position of - People who vote is the biggest issue to overcome, or those who see voting as the only way to change things. Yes, the not voting position has holes to be poked in it, and isn't ideal solution. But this right candidate strikes me as a mythological character who will be presented to people in the future when they learn how wonderful B. Clinton was as a president and how everyone loved him. Or Bush could be the mythological character in the future that is presented as everyone liked him and all that he did for the country. Or how we see Lincoln and Washington right now. With the current divide in American politics, I don't see how a right candidate will ever be produced. If that candidate is pro-vaping but say gets a C from the NRA on guns, or is anti on some social issue that people under 30 see as backwards thinking, then it just sets up the other party to take over (either in Congress or at Executive level) the next time around. And that's often seen as a very good thing about our political system. Preferred I believe by most to the idea of same dictator ruling us for past 30 years.

Anyway, I don't usually do this political type post cause I am (proud) non-voter type and cause I don't see how it changes unless a viable third party emerges, which seems as likely as vaping taking over smoking industry in 2016. Can't be completely ruled out, but odds are around 10,000 to 1 that it will happen that soon, and thus the status quo, where voting for the candidate that promises so much in campaigns seems likely to continue for a long time to come. Seems during campaign season (which also seems to be all the time now) that most Americans are in a mode of, "hey we can trust them cause he/she will be working for us in the government." With the way I understand politics/campaigning, all a candidate has to do right now is mention they are pro-vaping, and they'd get a good million votes that way, assuming they aren't outlandish on other (populist) issues.

I currently do not see a way to not get railroaded with regards to politics of vaping, but also don't see anyway that a black market will not exist in some fashion. Taxes are too high on liquid - then black market and/or DIY market will flourish. Seek a ban and well you just opened a door, wide, for bootleggers to take over a billion dollar market, and to influence our politics in ways that are occurring now, but that we don't talk about cause, ya know, America is great and all.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
When the CR becomes a world power we can discuss this further Steve.

It takes a two party system to be a world power? I hope they never will be. CR is one of the few free nations on Earth. They admire the US and 'American dream,' but don't realize they are living it...

I was at a grocery store with a lady friend and we came across some giant bottles of soda and I told her how NYC tried to limit the size of sodas, and she thought I was joking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread