Steam clean Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valttor

Mar 26, 2009
I do it with the steamer. Mine is Shark Supersteamer (donno where wife got it). I wrap the atto with paper towel and hold it with pliers. Two -three 1-2second puffs bridge side and 2-3 puffs through the hole from battery side.
Through the night drying with paper towel "wicks" inside. 2-4 direct drops of liquid to start in the morning..... Once a week looks the best scheduler for 4 atto running in a circle.:thumbs:

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
I can report that of the many atomizers (over 50 now) that I have taken apart--steam in no way removes any of the hard residual from the coil unfortunalty. I have held the steamer right up to the coil and let it fire for over half an hour with no removal of any deposits--so for cleaning the coil, I have dismissed steam. As for cleaning and getting rid of taste within the mesh--yes you can have some results----Sun

Banqer

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
I can report that of the many atomizers (over 50 now) that I have taken apart--steam in no way removes any of the hard residual from the coil unfortunalty. I have held the steamer right up to the coil and let it fire for over half an hour with no removal of any deposits--so for cleaning the coil, I have dismissed steam. As for cleaning and getting rid of taste within the mesh--yes you can have some results----Sun

How often did you steam the atties though?

I could see it working as a good preventitive measure if done often enough... as in not once the coil is encrusted.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
How often did you steam the atties though?

I could see it working as a good preventitive measure if done often enough... as in not once the coil is encrusted.

Banqer--As you may have read, we are trying everthing to find a solution to the atomizer issue that works and is safe and easy. To finally dismiss the Steam method, I took a new 801 atomizer and used it for one day and then dismantled it.

You would be surprised what one days residue looks like on a new atomizer ( not dripping--that is the worst anyone can do if they are trying to keep an atomizer going in the long run)--

Anyway, I hit it with the steamer for 30 minutes and not one shred of residue was removed from the coil--it simply does not melt and steam will not take it off---even as a preventive measure on a daily bases. The work goes on and we will find something--but it has to be save--not some heavy duty solvent that is hazardous to work with or use---that type of cleaning is only for experimental purposes and is not viable ----Sun

Banqer

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Oh believe me Sun... I know what we are looking for.

Thanks for the info on the use of a new, hardly used, atomizer. Too bad I already placed an ebay bid on a steam cleaner (it looked cool, so I jumped the gun).

I know when I was in school, a long time ago, I worked at a Tim Hortons and they had a steam cleaner... that thing would clean almost anything. Guess an atomizer might not be one of them :(

Oh well, the search goes on, eh?

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Oh believe me Sun... I know what we are looking for.

Thanks for the info on the use of a new, hardly used, atomizer. Too bad I already placed an ebay bid on a steam cleaner (it looked cool, so I jumped the gun).

I know when I was in school, a long time ago, I worked at a Tim Hortons and they had a steam cleaner... that thing would clean almost anything. Guess an atomizer might not be one of them :(

Oh well, the search goes on, eh?

Banqer--with a solvent and a steamer going, I am sure that grud would move--only problem is that once you use a hard core solvent, you have a very clean atomizer that you would no longer want to vape with--LOL--A hollow victory indeed. I have had many. The key is something that is safe to use that you can vape safely as wel with after you are done cleaning it-------ahh the hunt for the Holy Grail!!!---Sun

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Thanks for the info sun i was just looking at to top of the wick my atomizer are enclosed.I had no idea that the part i can't see is probably all messed up with build up8-o

Your Welcome my friend Qdilla--the Bridge covering the coil makes getting a good look at the residue difficult and when you do get a good look, you can see what we are up against---But we are working on it to find a safe, effective, and non-time consuming method that actually does word for everyone--It will come-----Sun

V-V

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2009
Texas
www.zazzle.com
V-V--tried up front coil in lemon juice and there is no way that lemon juice is going to do anything to remove the residue from that coil---Wish it did---Sun

Drat. Double drat.

Did you have pic of the actual gunk buildup Sun? I'm interested to see them, even on my super slow tincan internet setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread