Steam clean cartomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplyme82

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2011
Murrieta, CA
I bought a Shark Portable Steam Cleaner and used it to clean my dual coil mega carto. Worked very good IMO. Pushed out the ejuice and left the filler white. Let it dry for a couple days, refilled with new juice and fired it up. Worked as if it was new.

If you decide to go with this approach, use a pair of taped pliers to hold the carto while you clean it. The tape is so you don't scrath up your carto.

On another note, I tested it on some things around the house. I'm a bit disappointed in its performance for household cleaning. I figured the steam would be a lot hotter. Does a good job for cartos though.

scalewiz

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
I've used a little steamer I got at Walgreens for quite a while now. Never used it to clean cartos, but it works great for atomizers. I made a little adapter out of one of the plastic attachments to the steamer. It allows me to simply screw a 510 device onto it and push the steam button. Shoots a good blast of steam from the threaded end out the open end. Works great. Tonight I'm using an atomizer that I got back in March! Tastes and works great to this day. Not being a real cartomizer user, I'm not sure which direction to shoot the steam blast, though. Anyone have any recommendations on a possible right or wrong way to aim the steam? Wouldn't want to blast the wrong direction and mess up the filler.

simplyme82

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2011
Murrieta, CA
The one at Walgreens may be more idea. The shark costs $80 and I got it for the purpose of cleaning my house, but figured it could serve a dual purpose. Unfortunately it does a great job on my cartos but not so good with my house. I'm sure the one at Walgreens is cheaper and would probably do just as good a job if not better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread