Does steam cleaning Ego-T atty work? Please post good or bad results

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveMacc

Feb 17, 2011
Manchester, UK
Steam or solvents won't touch the caramelised flavouring build up on the coil. The only way to clear that is to pull the spike plate (so you can see the coil) and dry burn it. Then wash it in alcohol to get rid of the ash.

Think of cleaning your cooker. The burnt on grease that has turned to carbon can't be removed with steam or solvents.

EvilGnome6

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2011
Chandler, AZ
musicgourmets.com
Steam or solvents won't touch the caramelised flavouring build up on the coil. The only way to clear that is to pull the spike plate (so you can see the coil) and dry burn it. Then wash it in alcohol to get rid of the ash.

Dry burning works great and I don't even remove the spike plate. A quick rinse with Everclear, pop on a new tank and I'm wicking like a champ after 4 or 5 puffs.

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
I don't know about steam cleaning but I just boiled some filtered water in my tea pot and placed my atty's into a rubermaid container and slowly poured the scalding water through the tops of the atty's and let them drain then repeat a few times then blew the excess water out. Once I was done it gave me the biggest Throat and Lung Blast I have had yet from it. It is incredible :D:D Be very careful if you try this though because it is very easy to burn yourself this way.

Hope this helps;
Nate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread