The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Steam Crave Hadron squonk add on!

Discussion in 'Liquid Feed APV Discussion' started by debinnv, Mar 20, 2020.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. debinnv

debinnv Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2013
    Island Of Misfit Toys
    This is from Maggie at Steam Crave...............

Hadron backpack is coming!
    After trying different pump designs and having them fail many times (our suppliers even refused to make more samples for us), finally it is working consistently.
    Estimated shipping schedule is end of April, we just approved samples and now will
    start mass production.
    We are so sorry for the schedule delay.....................

I have been using this last prototype now for awhile and it is squonking beautifully. Finally!!
    Holds 15ml's of juice. it's not as hard to handle as I thought it would be.

Once I have link for ordering I will update my post :)

backpack1.jpg IMG_20200320_100807391.jpg backpack2.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. debinnv

Aug 22, 2013
    Island Of Misfit Toys
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. debinnv

Aug 22, 2013
    Island Of Misfit Toys
    Update:

The estimated ship date is on May 20th for USA orders .

The estimated ship date is on Middle of May for other orders.

• Like Like x 2
  4. hazozita

hazozita Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2013
    Virginia
    Got my Hadron with a Backpack in today and so far I’m very impressed. I have several pump squonkers (I think I have at least one of every type of pumper released) and this has the smoothest pump action. The pump volume also leads others to the point where a single pump will overwhelm a small RDA such as the Nudge. But, for juice-hungry atties with a decent size juice well, it’s perfect.

Only have been using it for half a day, so too soon to give detailed impressions on the mod other than the Yihi board has been a pleasant surprise. I usually don’t care for Yihi all that much but, while I’d still pay double what this goes for if it had an Evolv board, I’m finding the board is a decent performer with simple menu navigation.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  5. hazozita

Jan 7, 2013
    Virginia
    Been thoroughly enjoying using the Backpack with the Hadron. The only con of note is the need to have to undo 2 screws (one of which is tiny) to remove the Backpack for cleaning. Other than that, performance has been excellent.

Here's some pics of a partially disassembled Backpack should anyone be curious. Decently stout build quality throughout.

pump1.JPG pump2.JPG

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. PeterKay

PeterKay Super Member

Right so this is basically a squonk bottle attachment for a reguated mod? Clever, very clever! A bit over my budget to get the mod plus attachment atm but I will defo consider it in the future. Dual 21700 is also cool, this is the way to go!

• Like Like x 1
  7. PeterKay

PeterKay Super Member

2 screws a con? I'm a carpenter/joiner. I sometimes screw between 500-1000 at work in a day, imagine that and then think about the 2 you mentioned :D :D :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. UncleJunkle

UncleJunkle Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2010
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
  9. CMD-Ky

CMD-Ky Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    Hook that baby to a Honda generator, [say 3k Watts] put it in the back of the pick up and I got me a winner.

• Like Like x 1
  10. t8kiteasy

t8kiteasy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    I just have one question for everyone who has this. How big does it feel in hand with backpack on it? If it comfortable feel I might have to pick this up.

11. hazozita

Jan 7, 2013
    Virginia
    Best way I can describe the feel is massively large. It is one chunky monkey for sure. But regardless, I find it comfortable to use. As I'm writing this I have two mods at hand: the Hadron w/ Backpack, and the Odin mini. Total opposites when it comes to size, but I find both comfortable in hand, each in a different way.

I actually find the Hadron more comfortable with the Backpack on. It fits my hand better.

• Like Like x 1
  12. t8kiteasy

Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    The temptation took over so I swapped out one of my Centaurus pre-order for the hadron kit,with backpack,ragnar,and mesh deck. I really hope I like the device? I know I will enjoy the ragnar because I use my aromamizer plus daily.

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. t8kiteasy

Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    The Hadron, ragnar kit I swapped out for one of my centaurus pre-orders. The kit is a pre-order too. So I hope it comes in at the same time the other centaurus I have does. I also went back and read full description the kit comes with two decks the mesh and velocity deck and the post less that comes with ragnar. It also comes with an 18ml glass and extension and a 25ml extension and two 25ml extra glass tanks. Not a bad kit $139,well worth the price.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mordacai

Mordacai Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    @t8kiteasy, I've got to admit the airflow under the postless deck is certainly interesting and the chamber reducer for the mesh deck opens up the options with the Supreme decks.

But it looks like a serious guzzler with the postless deck, and @debinnv has hinted if there's good sales of the Ragnar that there may well be a dedicated mesh deck made specifically for it.

15. t8kiteasy

Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    Yes,I think I will be using the velocity deck on my aromamizer plus and running the mesh with the ragnar.
    I'm curious to see how flavor Is because I use my doom RTA daily and the flavor is outstanding because of the narrowed chimney it has.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mordacai

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    @t8kiteasy, let us know what you think of the postless deck for the Ragnar when you get round to it though. As it's the only deck specifically made for it and with the airflow that can hit the underside of the coils, I thought that it may provide some major flavour.

17. t8kiteasy

Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    I will from what I saw on a few reviews the velocity deck was a juice guzzler too?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mordacai

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    I think that the velocity deck is from the Supreme, but I could well be wrong.

19. t8kiteasy

Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    Its for the plus but comes with the hadron/backpack/ragnar kit. Three total decks in one kit is not bad at all.

• Like Like x 1
  20. t8kiteasy

Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    My Ragnar premium combo advanced kit arrived finally. Three different decks three different glass tanks to go from,I think, 8ml to 18ml,and 25ml. I will be using the hadron w/backpack and Ragnar in morning to see how well I like it ?
    For the price this kit I have to say is well worth everything you get with it. Oh forgot, an XXL steam crave shirt comes with it too. I will post back tomorrow .

• Like Like x 1